Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DVDs to iPod?

Kabutops141

Hey everyone. Does anybody know how to put a dvd, like a movie, on an iPod? I've seen that you can buy softwares on the internet, but I don't know which ones to trust. Also, is there a way to do it w/o having to buy a software? If anyone on here could help, that'd be really awesome. If it helps, I've got an 80G iPod Classic.
Thanks,
-Tops

I recommend searching on Youtube for videos explaining the whole process and with links to the programs. That is what I've done. I can't remember the programs, but there are free options that work. I really recommend watching video instructions since it is a lengthy process of ripping the dvd, and only getting the right parts (for example you probably don't want the Spanish audio and various subtitles etc) would be hard to figure out on your own. But let me warn you, it takes a long time to convert the dvd image to mp4, but the program takes care of that.

Once you have the MP4 created, just import it into your iTunes library and sync!

LOL. I figured that you would be one of the first to reply. I'll try that. Thanks!

BTW, how long are we talking?

I would also agree with n00bmuffin. handbrake is the best program I've found thus far for ripping a DVD and converting it into a format and size that works well with my iPod. It's able to do it with most DVDs, and the ones it's not able to with, there are ways to work around it (if you are persistent enough that is).

Good luck, and good hunting.

Gibby

@ Gibby/n00bmuffin: Thanks. I'll try it along w/ Mew*'s suggestion to show me how to do it. It is free right? It says nothing about costs, so that tells me that it's free. Just wanna make sure.
Thanks.

Yes, it's free. They have a way for donating, if you wish, but it's not required.

Gibby

I use iSquint for converting video for the iPod, although it is an OS X only program.

Of course, if you're in Canada, it's a moot point once the Conservatives win the election here and make it illegal to do this.

I use iSquint for converting video for the iPod, although it is an OS X only program.

Of course, if you're in Canada, it's a moot point once the Conservatives win the election here and make it illegal to do this.

lol. Not to worry, I'm in the US.

EDIT: Thanks Gibby. I probably will donate.

Last edited:
iSquent is great for video conversion. I like to use a more feature toned program by the same people though; Visualhub. The only down side is that both Visualhub and iSquent are discontinued. The people who made them are no longer supporting them. I find that saddening really.

Gibby

iSquent is great for video conversion. I like to use a more feature toned program by the same people though; Visualhub. The only down side is that both Visualhub and iSquent are discontinued. The people who made them are no longer supporting them. I find that saddening really.

Gibby

:O for real? that's reeks...

Back