Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

E3 Pikachu

xl Aero

Recently I just went through the cards I had when I first started collecting (during the Wizards of the Coast era).

I then found this card amonst the tons of Pikachus I had:
http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=1064&c=40

It's the first printed version of Pikachu, with the golden E3 stamp, just as the picture shows.

It's in perfect mint condition and (I don't aim to sell, at least not now) I was just curious on the value of this card. After all, it's not very good and the artwork is laughable, but the E3 promo is there and it would be good for collection's sake.

Any idea on what the value is?

Thanks.

NOTE:: It's "Yellow Cheeks Pikachu," not the Red Cheeks error.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Yellow Cheeked one is worth around $10-15.
It had a much greater distribution than the Red Cheeked version.

Thanks very much, DJGigabyte.

Though, I don't see how I ran into this card in the first place. I've never been to an E3, I've never traded cards, I just got packs and theme dacks in the past.

How "widely" was this distributed? Because. I really have no idea how I got it.

Also, does the E3 print have a Red Cheek variant as well? Or is that only in the base set?

The Yellow Cheeked version was given away as a Freebie in a magazine, hence the wide distribution.

The Red Cheeked E3 version was given away at the actual E3 convention and because of this it's much rarer, and can cost upwards of $100 unless you get lucky.

Ah, that makes sense then. I used to order "Nintendo Power," must be where it came from.

Oh, yikes. :x Thanks a lot for the help though!

Back