Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ebay Question-Image Copying

Weedler

I listed a particular item on ebay a few days ago, and just yesterday another seller put up a listing for the same type of item, and this seller used a copy of my auction image(im 100% sure) to promote his/her listing.

I dont know all the ins and outs of ebay, and Im unsure if this kind of thing is acceptable.

If there are no rules against using another seller's image, then its not a big deal.
But it seems like I should be the only one who gets to use the photo that I took of my product..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

put your ebay name on your images if you don't want people stealing..
and it's not wrong to do it, people get lazy.
I sold 4 Wailord ex, and only used 1 picture for all 4, but they were all different.

Last edited:
I am a She, Thank you very much.it's ebays/paypals/ the sellers job to make sure things are right not yours.

Last edited:
Stealing someone else's images is really unethical, lazy, and lame when without permission.

And IT IS WRONG to do it. It's breaking eBay policy. Not only this, but it is copyright infringement, and you can sue.

I recommend that you contact and report the auction to eBay explaining how your photos were stolen by the seller. Chances are that this guy does it regularly and will end up getting suspended or banned for multiple offenses.

Sure, you can put watermarks on your images, but that takes extra effort that you really shouldn't need to take.

And IT IS WRONG to do it. It's breaking eBay policy. Not only this, but it is copyright infringement, and you can sue.

Uh, The seller doesn't own the image so its not copyright infringement. The seller only owns that copy of the card not any of it's rights that Nintendo owns.

Well, it is the seller's image. Under that logic, whenever I take a picture of a copyrighted thing... just about everything... then it doesn't belong to me? I doubt that...

http://reviews.ebay.com/You-Could-B...-Steal-Images-Text_W0QQugidZ10000000000099785

this is talking about using an image listing as your own this is talking about copied ideas, like selling the runescape guide which is probably a copyrighted free work guide for a profit. Or like selling A book done by someone else and said you wrote it. (that's what's illegal)

To everyone in general:
No discussion of morality or what's "right.
If you don't know eBay policy, don't guess.
He's asking about ebay policy, not your opinion.

True, but it isn't copyrighted. To do so, you would have to submit some paperwork to the gov't where it is then registered and then you can sue people for using it without your permission. Here: http://www.copyright.gov/

The Berne Convention says hi. A work is copyrighted upon its creation -- registration is not necessary to be enforceable.

Regardless of copyright, it's against eBay policy to use another member's images for your own listings. Report them and let eBay deal with it.

The Berne Convention says hi. A work is copyrighted upon its creation -- registration is not necessary to be enforceable.

Regardless of copyright, it's against eBay policy to use another member's images for your own listings. Report them and let eBay deal with it.

^ Nailed it. You should report them, and once ebay has a chance to look it over it will remove the listing that is "stealing" your picture. I takes a day or two to process but it does work. :thumb:

Drew

I was figuring the problem with this would have been that maybe the other seller's item wasn't in good condition, and with your picture,¸it looked perfectly neat, but noone figured?

Isn't this a problem?

Back