Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EBay to Make More Changes... You Guessed It, BAD Changes...

Mew*

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/Overview/

^ there's the link that I got in an email from eBay less than an hour ago.

Some really bad changes in my opinion. They'll no longer allow people to pay via check or money order... eBay is getting greedy and wants to collect those PayPal fees :nonono:. If any your detailed seller ratings aren't at least 4.3 out of 5... you can't sell. So stupid because I like to buy uber cheap stuff from Hong Kong Power Sellers and most people are ignorant and leave low DSR rating for shipping time... so those Hong Kong guys might be in trouble :frown:. This is again another form of greed. Anybody looking to buy something can decide if the persons ratings are too low that they'll not make the purchase. Generally people with low DSRs would have a lot of disputes, and disputes between people makes eBay/PayPal employees get involved thus costing them money.

EBay continues to play up their "Best Match" search... the most despicable and random search I've ever seen... it is basically a search engine that helps you find the items that eBay will profit the most from in fees :nonono:,

Discuss what you guys think about the changes.

Last edited:
First class action lawsuit I see I am jumping on it.

They already broken every trade law out there alone with anti trust laws the moment they bought out paypal.

First class action lawsuit I see I am jumping on it.

They already broken every trade law out there alone with anti trust laws the moment they bought out paypal.
Yeah, I don't know how they get away with forcing you to use their service... but I'm sure there are things in the agreement that eveyrone agrees to upon signing up... have you ever looked at the PayPal agreement (scarry stuff, like they will take your money and use it to pay their debts if they go bankrupt!.. just read it to find more crazy stuff)

wut cinda changs????????:confused::confused::confused:
lol, dude I love your posts, but that makes no sense...

Ebay is getting worst by the day.....limits on shipping?....who cares what people charge for shipping as long as the buyer factors in the total cost....no money orders is a real bad idea for sellers because now it cost them more to do business....for the casual seller its getting so much more difficult to sell there....I have not sold in a few months since the last changes so now it might just have me leave completely....Ebay is running itself out of business......idiots

^^ Just because you said the joke was old, I might sig that. And that's stupid. EBay is getting really bad.

I been in debates over paypal actions for months now.

Whats more scary is the fact so far the people who taken paypal to court over the Terms of Service or agreement have all been shot down, but I thinking its more along the lines of paypal paying off the judges, which is possibility because I know it can be done and its been done before, someone bought up a site called crookedjudges.com and its these same judges thats been bought up on that website, basically right now even with lawsuits, the people cant win, but some people who have filed suit against paypal is over some of the policies in the agreement that cannot be enforced.

Whats more troublesome is the idea that paypal is not even officially a bank, you keep money in it, withdraw it, deposit it, heck even get a paypal DEBIT card, but they dont have to follow any banking regulations, but the money Paypal keeps is kept in a FDIC regulated bank, paypal is trying so hard to be a 3rd party, and I think the government needs to step in on the matter.

Ebay is getting worst by the day.....limits on shipping?....who cares what people charge for shipping as long as the buyer factors in the total cost....no money orders is a real bad idea for sellers because now it cost them more to do business....for the casual seller its getting so much more difficult to sell there....I have not sold in a few months since the last changes so now it might just have me leave completely....Ebay is running itself out of business......idiots
The limits on shipping are so that people don't put over priced shipping. Shipping costs on eBay are not accounted in the final value fee. This is their way of trying to stop people from beating the system and saving on fees. Collecting more fess = more $$$$$$$

^^ Just because you said the joke was old, I'm siging that. And that's stupid. EBay is getting really bad.
It may be really bad but as a seller I still make a nice amount of money buying stuff cheap like iPods and then just relisting them better and making some money. It is still very profitable if you know how to make good listings (title and big pictures are key from my experience).

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Whats more scary is the fact so far the people who taken paypal to court over the Terms of Service or agreement have all been shot down, but I thinking its more along the lines of paypal paying off the judges, which is possibility because I know it can be done and its been done before, someone bought up a site called crookedjudges.com and its these same judges thats been bought up on that website, basically right now even with lawsuits, the people cant win, but some people who have filed suit against paypal is over some of the policies in the agreement that cannot be enforced.

Whats more troublesome is the idea that paypal is not even officially a bank, you keep money in it, withdraw it, deposit it, heck even get a paypal DEBIT card, but they dont have to follow any banking regulations, but the money Paypal keeps is kept in a FDIC regulated bank, paypal is trying so hard to be a 3rd party, and I think the government needs to step in on the matter.
Yeah, you're right on the not being a bank thing. I've read that. Another thing is that it says in the agreement that if you're going to take them to court, you have to do it in some specific city in California :nonono:. That makes it difficult to take them to court since if you loose and forced them to go to court outside of California you have to pay for their expenses.

Last edited:
Actually since laws vary in different states, thats one of the things in the agreement that Paypal cannot enforce, you can bring paypal to court in any god given state in the U.S., its been done many times already.

They put so much strategy into the Terms of Service on that thing, thats ALWAYS their trump card when anything goes down, they try to make themselves immune off of something they write. As far as I know though, you dont have to pay expenses, because what paypal has is their own lawyers they hire and thats all that shows up in court.

The most dangerous thing in politics is the uneducated voter.

The most dangerous thing for an ebay seller is the uneducated buyer. I have seen people leave negative becuase took 4 days instead of 3. I have seen someone leave neutrel feedback becuase the transaction was "ok" no other reason.

Where does the casual seller then go?

That is my question, as I am a casual seller. I have a ton of Manga, Godzilla toys from JPN, Godzilla movie books JPN, Graphic novels, CDs, DVDs and VCD sets I want to unload, if ebay is going to make it harder for me to use there system, which always got the best resultsm where else can I go? Craigslist? The stuff I want to sell is too small of a niche audience, unlike pokemon toys/TCG for craigs. and I heard Craigs is owned by Ebay now as well, so how long before they start charging, and so on?

Anyone know a good place to sell my stuff, other than ebay?

Most dangerous thing on ebay is being a seller.

If you run into a bad buyer, you cant leave negative.

So imagine having a bunch of scammers with 100% positive feedback running around scamming people.

actually Cragislist is only 25% owned by ebay.

I say if you got alot of nick nacks to sell like that is offer large lots with alot of things in 1 auction, it wont pay off to list anything singly.

Yeah, I see that all the time when people just say "OK" or "Good" in a neutral feedback. Once I sold to a low feedback guy that left feedback like that for no reason, luckily he never left me feedback.

Now with eBays new 4.3 DSR rules, if you don't sell much and a guy like that leave you feedback, they'll probably give you threes since those mean everything went OK, but not amazing. Or they'll give you fours which according to eBay mean things like good where as fives mean very good.

Sellers keep getting screwed, this is soooo ridiculous...
While all of my DSRs are 4.55 or above, I bet this'll drive troll activity to over 9,000... A seller has no way to know what DSR they get unless they sit there with a calculator, and that's only assuming you had one person leave you DSR that day, otherwise it becomes impossible to figure out who is being a silly [beep] so you can block them...
lol I don't even know what else to say this is just getting sillier every update they give, but considering they have a (near) monopoly on online auctions, what's there to do?

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/Overview/

^ there's the link that I got in an email from eBay less than an hour ago.

Some really bad changes in my opinion. They'll no longer allow people to pay via check or money order... eBay is getting greedy and wants to collect those PayPal fees :nonono:. If any your detailed seller ratings aren't at least 4.3 out of 5... you can't sell. So stupid because I like to buy uber cheap stuff from Hong Kong Power Sellers and most people are ignorant and leave low DSR rating for shipping time... so those Hong Kong guys might be in trouble :frown:. This is again another form of greed. Anybody looking to buy something can decide if the persons ratings are too low that they'll not make the purchase. Generally people with low DSRs would have a lot of disputes, and disputes between people makes eBay/PayPal employees get involved thus costing them money.

EBay continues to play up their "Best Match" search... the most despicable and random search I've ever seen... it is basically a search engine that helps you find the items that eBay will profit the most from in fees :nonono:,

Discuss what you guys think about the changes.

I don't like using the word hate, but I don't hold any secret saying that I really HATE ebay and paypal. I sell on them because it is a lot easier then me trying to open up a website. However, time and time again, I am thinking of considering it. I mean if I hire someone to work for me (something I have heavily considered), I would not be selling on ebay at all except for high end items that I know people would be looking for. I currently have a DSR of 4.7 or higher in all categories last time I checked. I have had it hit 4.6 in some of them, but the mostly hover around 4.6-5.0. I don''t like saying we can't accept money orders, and the fact is if they say we can only accept paypal, I will assume that either a seller, a group of sellers or another company will sell them for trying to create a strangehold on the market. I am pretty sure you can't force people who use your service to pay via something you own. I mean I am sure it can be done, but I think it would be very unethical.

I will also agree with ebay match. I don't use it because it is completely random. It is way too hard to understand and I don;t even try to understand why they do it.

The biggest issue I have with paypal is the fact that if you have a personal account you can accept anything as long as it is not funded by a credit card in anyway (e-checks are). You don't get feeded. However in any account that can accept credit card funed payments in anyway, gets feed on ANY transcation which really bothers me. I don't see the need to fee one account on certian transactions and not on others. I mean any money I would be making on ebay from sales, is being ***** and pillaged away by ebay and paypal. It is kind of frustration knowing that if I was selling off ebay I would actually be doing okay, but ebay is putting me in a hole that I may not be able to climb out of.

The most dangerous thing in politics is the uneducated voter.

The most dangerous thing for an ebay seller is the uneducated buyer. I have seen people leave negative becuase took 4 days instead of 3. I have seen someone leave neutrel feedback becuase the transaction was "ok" no other reason.

I find that communication is the best key. If you always respond to the buyer you can usually avoid that. However some buyers are morons and just don't know what they are doing or want to be jerks. You can usually win the fight if your smart against these buyers. I do agree with you on this though.

Drew

Last edited:
Ebay is putting any seller not a power seller into a hole.

Basically you cant sell small value items on ebay, otherwise the profit you get is hardly worth mentioning. Sometime back I sold a collection of yugioh cards for $375, by the time Ebay and paypal got done with the fees, I think I was down to about $350, knowing had I sold it in person or anywhere else I would of had that extra $25, heck being it was ebay, anywhere else I probably could of got more, alot more.

I got alot of stuff to sell, but 70% of it I dont list because I thinking (1) I probably have to end up listing it 3-4 times for it to sale anyway, add that up and its like $2 in listing fees to list it that many times, its for small amount items for $5-$10 in which case you end up with hardly a profit in the end. (2) It probably wont sell anyway. (3) With people looking for bargains, by the time I do sell it, I probably end up LOSING money just to get rid of it.

It seems like we are in a great depression again where you have to sell something for 1 cent just to get rid of it, and Ebay is just making it worse by doing stupid stuff everytime they turn around.

I standby what I say, if google ever opens up an auction site, Ebay is going to get mud hole stomped in them and buried.

Oh, another thing that is annoying me is eBay's new way to search for items... they haven't made it the standard, but they force it onto you without telling you. I had to go to the bottom of their page to opt out of testing their new search design. Basically what it does while your browsing by category, instead of having drop down menus for stuff among a few other things to the left of the page, they now just give a bunch of links to things that normally would have been neatly organized in drop down boxes... has this happened to anyone else?

One thing I can say, selling on Ebay has worked out for me over the years, but this change in the type of payment that can be accepted is ludicrous. It's forcing everyone to use paypal, so Ebay can make more money off people. Granted I feel safer knowing I'll actually get paid by users most of the time. But the thing with not being able to leave negative feedback to buyers. That really irks me. I have someone not pay for an item, and I want to Neg them, especially if they don't respond to me. But when Ebay claims this is to protect the seller from getting hit with the neg feedback in retaliation....that's stupid too. It's like Ebay is out to only help the buyer and no longer the sellers that keep them alive.

They admit they're trying to create a better buyer experience... never say anything about doing the guys that let buyers have stuff to buy happy...

Back when it was the way it used to be, I was always afraid to leave negative for those horrible sellers that never ship or won't stand by their word, but I was afraid to do it because they always retaliate and lie :nonono:. I definitely feel better as a buyer, and not any different as the seller because I always leave them feedback as soon as I see that they've paid. Sp either way whether the new or old system, I put them in control. This always seems to make people happier, and the nice people that do leave feedback are even happier. So I'd say I've benefited from the feedback change... although I would like to be able to leave negative for the bad buyers that don't pay or give any communication to warn other people so they can delete their bids and block them. I would be very satisfied if they made that one change.

A strange trend I've noticed is that buyers that don't pay often seem to leave the seller positive feedback... maybe trying to get some pity?

Not allowing money orders hurts the buyer experience in my opinion, because basically everyone accepts PayPal as a payment method, but sometimes you may not have money in there or you want to keep it in there so you might want to just send a money order if it is a trustable seller. They should have at least made it so that they force every seller to offer PayPal, but be allowed to accept other forms of payment if the buyer desires. They just want $$$$$$ of course since they're a business :frown:.

Last edited:
I see a similar sites like EBay rising to power in the near future because of EBay’s faults. If there not careful, they can and will lose their loyal customers—like me.

Back