Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Eels variant for Battle Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

khyatt

Could really use some input on this, plan to use for Battle Roads, perhaps beyond. It's built to try and counter ZekEels, Darkrai and CMT - as I expect those to be the regulars locally. This is my first deck posting so keep that in mind please, but I have tested the deck the last few weeks so i wasn't just wasting your time.

The strategy here is Eletrik combined with easy to retreat attackers (mewtwo, raikou ex) doing damage while avoiding the knockout, and then sniping/catchering the opponent. So Rakou & Catcher disrupt the bench to prevent Mewtwo & others setup. Using Seeker and SSU to get rid of damage and restart when necessary. Tornados EX is just for fighting matchup.

I also included Elextross DEX as a hail mary when things have gone south, which will seem odd to everyone, except it has saved me in two games so far so I'm probably going to continue experimenting with it.

All suggestions welcome!

Pokemon (15)
2 Raikou ex
3 Zekrom
1 Mewtwo ex
4-3 Electrik (tynamo nv 38)
1 Electross (dex 47)
1 Tornados ex

S/T/S (31)
4 N
2 PONT
1 Juniper
1 Engineers adjustments
1 Seeker

2 Great ball
2 Ultra ball
3 Dual ball
4 Pokemon communication
2 Pokemon catcher

2 Eviolite
1 Revive
2 Switch
1 Super rod
1 Junk arm
1 Plus power
1 Super scoop up

Energy (14)
11 electric energy
3 dce

here is a good list changing up some cards. this list is really strong. you have the two smeargle with switch and skyarrow to get a few supportors during one turn. the three Skyarrow also for TournadusEX's first attack.

1 Raikou ex
3 Zekrom
1 Mewtwo ex
4-3 Electrik (tynamo nv 38)
2 Smeargle
1 Tornados ex

2 N
4 PONT
4 Juniper

1 randon recevior
2 Level ball
3 UltraBall
2 Pokemon catcher
3 skyarrowbridge
2 Eviolite
3 Switch
4 Junk arm
2 Plus power

10 electric energy
3 dce

------Updated the list------
changed the dualballs to ultraballs

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. a few comments.

It looks like you are using Juniper to get things into the discard pile. While this is fine I've found too much collateral damage in a tight deck.

So instead I've been largely using a combo of Engineers, Ultra Ball, and actually using the retreat cost to push energy into my discard with more precision. If I just add Juniper there will be way to much flow to the discard while keeping the retreat strategy.

Why use level ball instead of Ultra Ball? I've had great luck with Ultra Ball especially since you can often discard an energy and pull back.

Perhaps getting in Smeargle would be a good call. I am definitely having an issue getting energy out turn 1, 2 I'm trying to figure out.

The list I gave you is almost the same list that came in second at the GA Battle roads that in the other thread of what won spring battle roads.
Lilburn GA May 20, 2012 Masters
second place Josh V. with ZekEels
I understand what you are saying with junipor but the getting enery into the discard pile is something that will just happen since attacking and junipor with do the job just fine. with the level ball it allows you to get the Eels out and that is the main thing of the deck. with the Eels deck its tournadusEX that should attack first turn. And I did mess up on the list for the dual ball needs to be ultra ball. as for getting energy into the discard pile the main way they get there is from junk arm. the reason you have to many trainers is so that you can junipor and then use the trainers from the seven cards you drew, engineers just does not give you enough drewing to get what you need, period. I cant express that enough. the deck is a fast pass deck that has to be run fast and hard to get what is needed out really fast. yes engineers helps only a few times but if you are playing the mirror they will out speed you since they can burn through thier deck faster and get out everything they need before you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back