Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Eevee and Frozen City

ShuckleLVX

Yup, here it is! Just so you have a place to put it, and an excuse to ask (because now I'm curious too!):

If you attach a Fire energy to Eevee FFI and activate it's Ability, evolving it into Plasma Flareon, would it take damage from Frozen City?

Some thoughts, just because I like having them -

When the energy is attached to Eevee, it is not a Plasma Pokemon, regardless of what it ends up as. Were the effect to follow the evolution (both in timing as well as following along with the change in Pokemon), the damage would still be placed, as the check happened on a non-Plasma Pokemon.

However, Eevee, the Pokemon the energy was attached to, ceases to exist when Plasma Flareon comes into play, which should negate the damage if, temporally, the placement of damage follows the evolution.

However however, the evolution is an optional action, while the damage is a mandatory one. The LvX era ruled that Galactic HQ and Miasma Valley would allow Ampaharos' Damage Bind to stop coming-into-play powers, meaning that mandatory damage came before any optional effects that came with benching/evolving the Pokemon. (See the Compendium LvX here.) I'd say this is the right answer - damage happens before the evolution.

Can't wait to get the official answer!

Back