Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Eevee-lution deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeguru

Since I've commented on Eevee decks recently, I think I'll ask for a little help on my one.

Pokemon (17)
---
4 Jirachi DX
4 Eevee UF
3 Vaporeon UF
1 Flareon UF
1 Jolteon UF
1 Espeon ex UF
1 Lugia ex UF
1 Ho-Oh ex UF
1 Articuno ex UF

Trainers (22)
---
2 Mr. Stone's Project
1 Holon Lass
2 Ancient Tomb
2 Battle Frontier
3 Mary's Request
2 Holon Farmer
1 Copycat
1 Rocket's Admin
2 Surprize! Time Machine
2 Lanette's Net Search
2 Dual Ball
1 Pokemon Retriever
1 Warp Point
2 Swoop! Teleporter

Energy (21)
8 Water Energy
5 Fire Energy
4 Lightning Energy
2 Psychic Energy
1 Fighting Energy
1 Grass Energy

----

So, here's my strategy. The Jirachis are in there as a helpful draw at start, plus they help prevent more mulligans. In my old one, without Jirachi, it would mulligan incredibly frequently. Of course, I am hoping for a Eevee start. Ancient Tomb is in there to prevent T1 knockout from fighting pokemon, a small risk for this deck. My emphasis here is on Water energy, as I personally feel that Vaporeon is the best of the UF Eevee-lutions, with the versitilaty of attaching an Energy of your choice, and the ability to put your opponent to sleep - much more difficult to remove than burn or confusion nowadays. From there, once you have knocked out the 1st pokemon, unless really necessary, you're wanting to use Aqua Supply every turn possible until you run out of energy.

Ho-Oh, Lugia and Articuno are there as techs.
--Ho-Oh is great for being a hard hitter for up to 130 damage per turn, if every type of energy is attached to it - considerably easier with Eevee's help.
--Lugia - self explainitory nowadays. :D
--Articuno - constant 50, switch out immediately, plus annoys opponent by discarding their energy frequently.
Espeon is also useful as it is versitile - it can hit any pokemon and has 0 retreat cost - well worth it IMO.

And then there's the trainers. You will notice a considerable lack of Steven's Advice in this deck, because I feel that with the amount of Energy and Pokemon and trainers you'll be using anyway, you won't have a small hand in order to use Steven's advice in the first place. You will notice some trainers to return Pokemon and Energy from discard - useful for this deck if you want to get that Ho-Oh back or the Articuno to attack more quickly. Lanette's helps for the multiple types, and Dual Ball was unforgettable as that is handy to get the similar effects of Lanette but without using your supporter of the turn. =)

Any comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to ask for particular help in further reducing the mulligan ratio of the deck and to attempt to get it going faster.

Thanks very much,
~PokeGuru

this list is REALLY solid. i like it a lot.

-1 lightning
+1 swoop!

the only things that bother me w/ the list are that there are no super scoop ups and the ho-oh. super scoop up will help u reuse ur espeon and articuno very well. the ho-oh just seems...strange. what if that 1 fighting or grass energy is prized? if it works, i wouldn't change it.

GL w/ it!

mrdraz07 - Even with both Fighting and Grass prized, Ho-Oh's still doing 90 per turn, and a great way to get rid of Scizor ex, learned through much playtesting. I like the idea of Swoop though - sounds worth it with Jirachi. Thanks for your help.

=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--= - Thanks. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back