Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electivire...forgotton?

kaworu

Electivire lvl.X seems like one of the few lvl.X's that was considered not as good (due to the card itself and the support it received from it's family) as the others (much like torterra, who shocked people at nats) now we have the rotation, the SW electivire, less threat from fighting pokemon and a new set coming out.

What (if anything) can electivire do now given all the changes? What cards work best with him? Ideas/combo's/thoughts all welcome.

The level x can be a great card. Snowpoint stadium, dusknoir lx, and others pay the price from his attack. And the pokebody rocks. I think with premier ball that vire could be a very fast pokemon. Have vire sw on the bench, once a pokemon dies bring up vire lx and do 50 for 2. You should be able to do 40 or 60 damage using vire's body.As soon as you are about to die, use vire sw's attack to do lots of damage.

Another idea is dusknoir lx . Have dusknoir lx die, and then bring out vire lx. if they bring out their own stadium, ou do 50 and prevent all damage.

Vire Xs body would hurt Maglutions and Leafy variants alot. Forgot about that.

Correction, it only hurts Eeveelutions. Mag Variants are mostly played with Mag SW which heals upon attaching a :fire: from your hand.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The level x can be a great card. Snowpoint stadium, dusknoir lx, and others pay the price from his attack. And the pokebody rocks. I think with premier ball that vire could be a very fast pokemon.

Yes, it makes Vire very fast. Sadly, that goes for every LV.X. >_>
I don't know why Premier Ball is not seen much, but I think it will only come more popular with LA.

Keep also in mind that the only good base for Vire LV.X is the DP Vire since it can actualy deal decent damage without having to flip for it.

Last edited:
Vire's matchups are horrible.

GG: Psychic Lock shuts down their entire deck, and Gallade one shots everything with minimal effort

Emp: Bronzong essentially puts the deck on a time clock, and even w/o Bronzong Emp trades prizes with Vire.

Yeah, Vire's been forgotten. But it wasn't like, "Oops, we forgot about Electivire!" It was more like, "Hey, GG thrashes this, so let's forget about it."

I like Electivire Lv. X. SW Electivire will see play with Magnezone Lv. X, and I could see Electivire Lv. X being played in the deck for it's attack's Windstorm effect and it's body.

Though in that deck it will be used to power Magnezone Lv. X, with enough energy attached, (like 6, which isn't hard to get with it's power, ) SW Electivire isn't terrible, unless you're really unlucky (and you flip 5 or 6 tails). The main reason that it isn't played now is because of the prominence of Gardevior, and the OHKOing power of Gallade (no flips to kill Vire Lv. X). Nevertheless, the remaining time of Gardevior's supremacy is short. I think he'll make more of an impact next season, when the DRE's/Scrambles are rotated, and Gardevoir/Gallade isn't such a threat.

Back