Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electivire lv X and Unown G clarification

TRQLKZ

I know this question has been asked before, but it has previously only been answered as a no it doesn't work. I'm ok that it doesn't but i would greatly appreciate an explanation as to why. (if you don't have the time I understand and can deal with just a no it doesn't work that way.)
In the compendium it says
Q. If Electivire Lv.X uses "Pulse Barrier" to discard tools against a Defending Pokemon with Unown-G's "GUARD" attached, does the Unown-G get discarded or does "GUARD" prevent that effect?
A. The Unown-G would prevent Pulse Barrier's effect of discarding tools, so it would stay attached. But Unown-G does not prevent any tools attached to other Pokemon from being discarded. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

But i was reading the wording of Pulse Barrier, and it seems like it is worded more like Gardevoir's psychic lock.

Pulse Barrier Reads:
Discard all of your opponent's Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play. If you do, prevent all effects, including damage, done to Electivire during your opponent's next turn.

To me it sounds more like that the attack is an effect on the gamestate or player, not so much on any pokemon in play. It never mentions anything about your opponent's pokemon, but only says to check for what cards are in play.

Unown G says
As long as Unown G is attached to a Pokemon, prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to that Pokemon by your opponent's Pokemon

Is it that since the effect of Pulse Barrier does do something to the defending pokemon, even though it isn't worded to specifically effect pokemon?

Does an attached pokemon tool count as being part of that pokemon?

Also, is the only way to effect a pokemon tool, to effect the pokemon it is attached to?

Is it that since the effect of Pulse Barrier does do something to the defending pokemon, even though it isn't worded to specifically effect pokemon?

There you go.

It doesn't count as "part" of the Pokemon, but if I take something away from you, I think you'd feel affected by that.
I'm sure you'd tell the police you were affected.

Back