Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electivire Lv X deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_A

Here's a somewhat different strategy, that I confess I haven't done a lot of testing with, but I consider decent. I haven't noticed anyone that has a list up that looks like mine, so I thought I'd give it a go. Of course to make it work for you, you'll probably build it differently than I would, but take a look and see if mine will work for you:

Pokemon (25)

4 Elekid (either DP or DF one is ok, but the DP one has a better attack in my opinion)
4 Electabuzz (DF - great for getting extra cards)
2 Electivire (great power for moving energy, and good attack)
2 Electivire Lv X (amazing body, and adds another great attack with an interesting effect)
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty (speaks for itself)
2 Holon Castform (useful as well, just used as energy)

here's where it gets interesting:
3 Magnemite (PK) (decent starter, but nothing special)
3 Magneton (PK or DR) (amazing power, and decent attack as well)
1 Magnezone (DP) (Tech card - gives free retreat when a metal is attached, and does decent damage with it's attack. This usually isn't put out until mid to late game when you've gotten most of the basic energy you need, or if you happen to get 2 Magneton out)

Trainers (18)

This is where everyone's ideas are different, but these are the trainers that have been helpful for me so far.

1 Scott
1 Castaway
3 Celio's Network
3 Holon Mentor
2 Copycat
2 Professor Rowan
2 rare candy
2 Strength charm
2 Speed Stadium

I usually don't need the Strength charm, but occasionally it comes in handy. The professor Rowan I've found useful to thin out my hand from large Delcatty hands, and still get new cards. I usually only use rare candy to get to the next evolution within the turn I normally can't evolve, not for skipping an evo. More explanations later

Energies (17)

10 Lightning
6 BASIC Metals
1 Scramble

Now with the Magneton, you never have a lack of energies. You can put a basic metal on Electivire and if you do happen to need to discard all your lightning off him, then at least you only have to discard 3. Delcatty works so well with this - discarding energies to rifle through your deck. The only downfall to this is Battle Frontier, but Electivire Lv X discards your opponent's stadiums, so Windstorm isn't really all that necessary. I wouldn't mind finding room for at least one Night Maintenance, or perhaps a Team Galactic's Wager but it seems to work fine so far without them.

So does anyone have any ideas to tweak this deck?

No energy acceleator is bad..very bad. Magnezone slows you a lot. Delcatty will discard a lot of energy and that is worse than no energy acceleator. Having basic metal takes space for better cards.

Hi there, you got to play either the Flygon style, or Raichu style. Your opp, will never give you that much time to set up your energy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back