Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Unlimited Electrode ex deck help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made a deck using electrode ex combined with shaymin TM, thundurus, eelektrik, and electrode prime just for casual play. I tried it out, and when it got going it was really fun to play. The problem was that electrode ex got KO'd easily and there weren't enough attackers for backup. The 2-prize ex rule is annoying too. Here's the list:

Pokemon: 20
4 Voltorb
2 Electrode prime
2 Electrode ex
3-3 Eelektrik
3 Thundurus
1 Cleffa
2 Shaymin TM

T/S/S: 27
4 level ball
4 catcher
2 twins
3 PONT
2 super rod
2 Junk Arm
4 switch
3 Pokegear 3.0
3 Bebe's Search

13 lightning energy

Strategy: Pretty straight forward. Thundurus and Junk arm get energy in the discard pile, Eelektrik get them back and electrode ex uses crush and burn to do tons of damage.

Cool fact: I once OHKO'd a full-HP kyurem EX by using extra energy bomb, super rod, and level ball to get electrode back, then I evolved and discarded 8 energy with crush and burn for 190. I wish I had a picture of the other guy's face when he saw Kyurem get OHKOd by a not-that-great old ex.

How can I improve this deck's speed? How can I keep electrode ex alive? I would appreciate suggestions to be from DP-on as I have most of that stuff and I don't want to order a bunch of ancient cards if I don't have to. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
you can add in broken time space and also rescue energy also take out the bebes for pokemon communication. also add in pokemon collector and sages training. take out 2 switch for 2 junk arm. You should also think about taking out 1 super rod. I would also take out a shaymin for a seeker. hope that helps

I considered BTS, but I don't know where I would fit it in or how much I would actually use it. Bebe's Search works better IMO, getting rid of any card is easier than having a pokemon and there aren't that many supporters to conflict with it. What would I take out for collector? Is it necessary? I have 4 voltorbs so getting one of them shouldn't be a problem. 4 Junk Arm seems like too much to me, would you care to eleborate a bit more? Both super rods help, as electrode gets discarded easily and having enough energy in my deck can be important. Shaymin is not overly important, but I am curious as to why seeker would help. My main concerns right now are keeping electrode alive and getting set up quickly. I agree that BTS would help, and expert belt would come in handy (3 prizes for KOing electrode ex is tough though), but the rest seems a little unnecessary.

Last edited:
You need N. Blow yourself up a whole bunch, N them to one or two cards, laugh as they struggle to respond to your initial attacks. Actually, if you can get your hands on rocket's admin; you could run 8 of them. They have the same text, but separate names in unlimited.

so how about this:

-1 Cleffa
-1 Shaymin
+2 Mewtwo EX

-3 Pokegear 3.0
-1 Switch
+4 N

-1 Lightning Energy
+1 Twins

-1 Level Ball
+1 Luxury Ball

more twins should help a lot, and a luxury ball is far superior to a level ball. Any additional thoughts? Do I need Rocket Admins as well?

---------- Post added 03/16/2012 at 01:22 PM ----------

anyone know where I can test this out online as I go along (I don't have all the cards yet)? PlayTCG (what I usually use) doesn't have electrode ex. I hear Redshark is supposed to be good, but I don't know much about it, or if it still works with older cards.

The problem with this deck is that since Electrode Prime and Electrode ex KO themselves, you're giving the opponent's easy prizes that they don't have to work for. If you want some good old school EX deck, I suggest you make the adjustment of adding Mewtwo EX as a secondary attacker somewhere in there because it will be hard to take down. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back