Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electrode-Magnezone

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonmaster

Ok guys, I've been out of the game since last year's states, but I'm looking to come back in!

This was a deck I made for funnies. I kept pulling Magnezones and they were pissing me off to no end, but now I realize that they are one of the more stable draw powers and also a heavy attacker.

I'd like to point out that this IS very rough and I threw it together very fast at some point last year, took it apart and tried to rebuild it again as it was very fun and somewhat good. I actually didn't lose with it too much but I know it could definitely get some counters thrown in there and some better synergy.
But this is also with what I could muster up from what I have in my collection. But if I knew cards to get then I might be better at constructing a good deck.
Also like I said I've been out of it for almost a year so I am pretty unaware of cards that are out right now and what goes together with what.

So here it goes:

Pokemon: (20)

Voltorb (TR) x3
Electrode Prime (TR) x2
Magnemite (TR) x4
Magneton (TR) x3
Magnezone Prime (TR) x3
Doduo (UD) x1
Dodrio (UD) x1
Rotom (UD) x1
Zekrom Shiny (BW) x1
Smeargle (UD) x1

Trainers: (22)

Collector x4
Seeker x3
Pokedex x2
Flower Shop Lady x1
Switch x1
Rare Candy x3
Twins x3
Junk Arm x3
Black Belt x2

Energy: (18)

Lightning x14
Rescue x4

Strategy: Use Electrode's ability to get energy on my pokemon. Lost Zone energies as well as use Supporters to help increase damage.

Magnezone's a heavy hitter so he can OHKO most things if your pokemon have enough energy around.

Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added 01/11/2012 at 01:18 AM ----------

And you might think I'm crazy with the energy count, but playing around with it, you get more out of Energymite with more energies.
It sucks to use an Energymite and lose a Pokemon and let your opponent 1 up you if you only get 1 or no energies.

How does that work, I was interested since you Lost Zone all the energies you burn anyways. Eelekrik becomes useless late game, right?

Electrode is risky, but the energy acceleration is much faster. I'll give it a try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back