Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electrode Prime

Horribad.

The line that says to discard the non-energies is what kills it.
At a PR with 20 energies and worthless filler, it will be a beast however.

I don't think I'd ruled it off as terrible so quickly. Here's a few things to consider:
  1. Notice it can grab any energy, including specials, so you don't have to fill your deck with basic energy (as one might have with the similar Togekiss GE).
  2. Discarding may not always be a bad thing. If you need to get cards in your discard fast, Electrode could be your guy (while simultaneously getting energy on the field). If we ever need an engine to quickly discard cards from a deck, we can combine it with cards like Sage's Training. I don't see much out there right now, but you can see Electrode's potential.
  3. The KO can set yourself up for cards like the upcoming Twins or Black Belt. It can also be paired with other cards that have greater effects when behind in prizes.
There may still be a couple drawbacks. Depending on how its ruled, if the Power is Power Sprayed then Electrode may still be KO'd. Its attack is rather mediocre and its a bit disappointing to see an Electrode with a retreat cost, lol.

Electrode has potential, it just needs a good partner.

Back