Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electrodemagnetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonmaster

Ok guys, I've been out of the game since last year's states, but I'm looking to come back in!

This was a deck I made for funnies. I kept pulling Magnezones and they were pissing me off to no end, but now I realize that they are one of the more stable draw powers and also a heavy attacker.

I'd like to point out that this IS very rough and I threw it together very fast at some point last year, took it apart and tried to rebuild it again as it was very fun and somewhat good. I actually didn't lose with it too much but I know it could definitely get some counters thrown in there and some better synergy.
But this is also with what I could muster up from what I have in my collection. But if I knew cards to get then I might be better at constructing a good deck.
Also like I said I've been out of it for almost a year so I am pretty unaware of cards that are out right now and what goes together with what.

So here it goes:

Pokemon: (20)

Voltorb (TR) x3
Electrode Prime (TR) x2
Magnemite (TR) x4
Magneton (TR) x3
Magnezone Prime (TR) x3
Doduo (UD) x1
Dodrio (UD) x1
Rotom (UD) x1
Zekrom Shiny (BW) x1
Smeargle (UD) x1

Trainers: (22)

Collector x4
Seeker x3
Pokedex x2
Flower Shop Lady x1
Switch x1
Rare Candy x3
Twins x3
Junk Arm x3
Black Belt x2

Energy: (18)

Lightning x14
Rescue x4

Ok here's the rundown.

:lightning:Voltorb- Ideal starter so I can get Electrode out and ready to use his ability.
:lightning:Electrode Prime- Used for it's ability. Hopefully I top deck enough energies to where it is worth it to lose a prize. Attach all the energies to an almost Magnezone or a Magnezone so I can attack with it. If I find rescues, place them accordingly.

:lightning:Magnezone- My main attacker as well as my draw power. Self-explanatory.

:lightning:Rotom- Used for sniping and a fast attacker if I ever get in a bind without a Magnezone or something. With Emboars running around and Feraligatr Primes I assume that it could be proven pretty useful at times.

:colorless:Dodrio- Probably going to replace, but with such high retreat costs for Magnezone and Zekrom it could be useful...but just bench fodder really with a good ability.

:lightning:Zekrom- For late kills when I can't afford to burn any more energies with Magnezone. More for late game. Then when getting too close to k.o, I retreat, Seeker and repeat. Mainly will use his 2nd attack until more damage builds up.

:colorless:Smeargle- Not sure how useful this card is without Unown Q. I like the card though and could be a a good starter and helpful towards early game until I get a Magnezone up. More than likely will replace.

Seeker- Obviously to rinse my Magnezones and also for Zekrom if needed.

Pokedex- To look at my top cards so I don't waste an Energymite and lose a prize for hardly anything or nothing.

Twins & Black Belt- Energymite will bring me down in prizes, then I can Twins early to grab needed things or Black Belt to increase damage output so I don't have to burn as many energies if it isn't needed.

Energies- You guys might look and think I'm crazy, but I've played the deck and changed it a few times and it works so much better with more energy since I am not only burning them, but with Energymite, the more energy I have in the deck, the better the odds of coming across more. I don't want to waste an Energymite, it's the worst!

Anyways, I'd like to bring this to States so any and all help is appreciated or if I should just go with another pairing or strategy altogether!
But it's fun, hard hitting, decently fast (since BTS is gone) and could be a pretty nice deck if built right!

Thanks! =)

---------- Post added 01/08/2012 at 02:44 PM ----------

BUMP! :p

Any and all help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back