Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Elemental Steam Battery (DP-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmPoLeOnDudE

Hi everyone. After seeing lots of archetypes and a good amount of red face paint decks, I decided to create an original deck with my favorite pokemon; the eeveelutions. However, this deck is of a rather different build and take note that this is DP-on. The deck works like a self-charging battery and thus the name. Any constuctive comments are greatly appreciated.:biggrin:

Pokemon (22)
4 Eevee MD
3 Jolteon MD
2 Espeon MD
1 Umbreon MD

3 Togepi GE
1 Togetic GE
3 Togekiss GE

2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE

1 Rotom MD

Trainers (23)
4 Bebe's Search MT/SW
4 Prof. Oak's Visit SW
3 Rare Candy GE
3 Warp Point DP/MD
3 Roseanne's Research SW
2 Lake Boundary MT
2 Pluspower DP/SW
2 Night Maintenance MT/SW

Energy (15)
9 Lightning
3 Psychic
2 Multi
1 Basic Dark

Strategy & Card Explanations
Eevee
Eevee is essential to call for more Eevees and to evolve into 1 of the 6 evolutions available.

Jolteon
Main attacker and is used mainly for its Lighting Strike for 90 base damage. Despite having to discard 2 energies for its attack, there are alternatives to speed up the charging process.

Espeon
One of the energy supports of Jolteon and a decent sub-attacker. With Lake Boundary it does double damage. Morning Sun at the crucial moments and Jolteon should be able to discard for an extra turn.

Umbreon
Although free retreat is apparently a gift to Jolteon, able to eliminate weaknesses and 0 retreat for the rest of my Eeveelutions is like the icing to complete the cake.

Togepi
Able to evolve into the biggest tech in my deck is important. Find A Friend is also nice for setup if I have to start with it.

Togetic
An alternative to evolve in Togekiss in an almost unlikely event of prizing all rare candies.

Togekiss
You've guessed it. The big meat and energy accelerator of the deck. It is used to charge my Jolteons for T2 Lightning Strike. Somehow neat to stall or to go aggressive with its attack with a coin flip.

Baltoy
A popular basic for its even popular evolution. Almost a must along with Claydol in many decks.

Claydol
Cosmic Power is everyone's favorite. Bebe's and Prof. Oak's Visit goes along with it.

Rotom
An extra charge may be what is needed. It just arrives at the nick of time.

Bebe's Search
The only method of evolution search and is thus maxed out. Extra card for Claydol.

Prof. Oak's Visit
3 cards worth of draw per card. A decent choice indeed.

Rare Candy
Nothing else i can say about this card. It is just excellent beyond words.

Warp Point
Getting out of sticky situations and disrupting opponents are written all over this card.

Roseanne's Research
Definitely a lifesaver and especially after a Night Maintenance recycle. What else can i expect to get that Eevee, Togepi or even Rotom out?

Lake Boundary
Running a good amount of types appeal to me in Eeveelutions and this card can gaurantee the OHKO.

Pluspower
Adding that extra 10 damage for the KO is truly a gift to me. 2 is in the deck for this purpose.

Night Maintenance
Need that Eevee line? Need the basic energies? This card combined with Roseanne's Research can turn the tables around in the game.

Lightning
What Jolteon needs for Lightning Strike.

Psychic
Espeon can get going with these.

Multi
A wild card for any energy suits the Eeveelutions theme.

Basic Dark
Last Resort for Umbreon in battle.

I'm not really hoping this deck to be competitive in the coming season. It's basically a fun deck that has decent setup speed and capable of boosting high damage output in short bursts.

A very nice looking deck, however, i consider the following changes

-2 PlusPower
+2 Lake Boundary

With that many PP's, it will be hard to get a KO, but with Double Weakness when you discard from Jolteon, it's an Auto-KO, so make it easier on yourself and max out

-1 Basic Dark
+1 Multi

It's just so much more versatile

I hope i could be of assistance

Nice decklist one of the best I've seen in awhile, is 3-1-3 Kiss really needed I think 2-1-2 is enough. Maybe add some SSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back