Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Elite Trainer Box continues: XY Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they have two designs this time.
So will the "one" on the dice be the X/Y logo?

Also noticed on that page that we are getting new deck boxes & sleeves.
Featuring Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin.

Considering that last box the sleeve art matched the box design, I'm very excited about this! And another product with Fairy energy is a good thing.

I bought one of each of the Plasma ones so far and I haven't experienced a whammy box yet. Plus, did you guys check out the scans on PokeBeach.com? I like where the set's going. :smile:

Some quick notes:

1) The coin flip die is now a bit frosted so that it's easier to read. This was changed thanks to feedback from here/the playerbase
2) the sleeves are pretty awesome (they are in theme the outer wrap, but have some more design elements on them)
3) and as noted, for XY (and going forward) we're just adding 5 Fairy Energy to the basic Energy cards
4) the 1 on the dice are all the XY expansion symbol, but they're red/blue depending on which box you get. Every customized item in the boxen are different between the two of them.

I probably won't buy too many. I still have the Legacy of the Valiant Deluxe edition and the Born of the Gods Fat Pack to buy as well.

In fact, I'd probably just buy one anyway, probably the red looking one.

Out of all the card games I've seen, Pokemon and maybe some unpopular ones, are the only card games that don't have sleeves that have a picture of the card back.

Magic, Yugioh, Cardfight Vanguard, and Kaijudo all have sleeves with the card back. TPCi should take the opportunity to make sleeves that show the card back, not see through, I mean the picture on the sleeve is the card back. Heck, even Ultra Pro could do something like that too. They did it with Kaijudo and Magic already.

We have the MTG fat pack, Pokemon Elite Trainer box, and Yugioh deluxe edition.

All 3 are missing one thing that the other 2 have.

MTG is missing the card sleeves in their product

Pokemon is missing the how to play insert in their product

Yugioh is missing the visual card encyclopedia.

What I wish for is for all 3 to contain the thing that is currently missing, that the other 2 have, which means that TPCi has to include the playmat that come with theme decks, with the rules printed on the reverse side.

Ok fine, my reasoning for why the elite trainer boxes need to include the playmat/rules sheet that come with theme decks is because the other 2 did it, except for the playmat part, so the playjmat doesn't need to be included, just the rules sheet, although the playmat is stuck to the rules sheet.

I even made a thread in a MTG fan site of what they think about adding card sleeves to fat packs, because "the other 2 had them".

I totally forgot to mention, a 9th booster pack, because the other 2 had 9. Now if only the yugioh deluxe edition costs $39.99 instead of $29.99 just because the other 2 costs that much, JK.

Last edited:
Noo.. why must it be 2 of them. Looks like i need to start saving my money to get both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back