Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Emboar & Rayquaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubone

Hey guys! I haven't played Pokemon since I went to Worlds in 08 and now that I can drive myself places and am more independent, I figured I might try to get myself back into Pokemon! I know very little about popular decks right now, so I did a small amount of research and found a pair of cards that seem to work together well. Any help is appreciated and it would be great if I could get some help about other popular decks and strategies! Thanks!
PS, I researched to see if these cards were in the modified format and it appears they are, but if one isn't, I would greatly appreciate corrections!

Pokemon: 17
3-2-3 Emboar Legendary Treasures
2 Rayquaza EX
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Mr. Mime Plasma Freeze
2 Bouffalant Dragons Exalted
1 Lunatone Plasma Freeze

Trainers: 30

Supporters: 8
2 Skyla
3 Cheren
3 Colress

Items: 22
2 Switch
2 Escape Rope
3 Recycle
2 Float Stone
2 Great Ball
2 Rare Candy
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Virbank City Gym
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Super Rod
1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 13
5 Electric
8 Fire

Strategy:

Beef up Rayquaza, or Mewtwo and Keldeo if necessary, with Emboar's ability. Recycle energy as needed. Lunatone's ability allows one to look at the top 2 cards of their deck and reorder them, this greatly helps Rayquaza's Celestial Roar as it prevents unnecessary discarding of Trainers. Since I have not played this deck I can only give a simple layout of the strategy and I cannot give out matchups against other decks.

Thanks again for the help!
-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back