Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon / DP-RR / Needs Slight Work / Please Help To Improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

payney

Hi,
Here is my Empoleon deck which to be fair I have just created so it is no where near perfect, although it does seem consistent. It does need some inprovement but I would like to keep it along the lines of what is already there, mainly just adjust the T/S/S and Energy lines for now with a little contribution going to the Pokemon.

Pokemon: 21

4/2/2/1/1 Empoleon Lv.X [Pop8/Pt/MD/Pt/DP]
1/0/1 Nidoqueen [RR/-/RR]
1/2 Claydol
2 Uxie
2 Unown G
1 Mesprit
1 Azelf

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 27

3 Rosanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
2 Night Maintenance
4 Rare Candy
2 Dawn Stadium
2 Warp Point
3 Super Scoop Up
1 Luxury Ball
2 Premier Ball
1 Broken Time Space
3 Pokedex

Energy: 12

7 Water Energy
3 Call Energy
2 Rainbow Energy

Strategy

Use Empoleon [MD] as main attacker, spreading 30 damage to 2 Pokemon every now and then, with Surf Together the main attack with a potential 100 damage a turn. Empoleon [Pt] is the secondary attacker/Tech with its ability to hit anything for 70 damage, it's first attack is also nice as I can hit for 40 and discard from my opponent's hand, which works well with Empoleon Lv.X's Poke-Power. Nidoqueen is my second choice as a tech, I can heal myself in between turns meaning my Pokemon will last longer and will help when Rainbow Energy is played. I have decided to go with a 1/2 Claydol line to try and stop the constant Baltoy starts I keep getting, Claydol is used for draw power along with Uxie. Unown G is to protect myself against Gengar matchups as I know they will be very difficult because of Shadow Room, especially as I am heavily dependent on Poke-Powers. Mesprit is to stop Poke-Powers and Azelf to look at my prizes.

As always please let me know what you think and any changes you think will benefit the deck.​

Just my opinion, and I wouldn't want to change your build, but heres what I'd do
-1 Emp Pt +1 Emp MD. MD is much better. Why use a poke that can only do max 70 damage per turn (for 3 energies) and then you can't use the attack next turn.
-1 Emp Lv X, +1 Emp SF. Snipe for 80 is great, but not if it disables you for a turn. The SF Emp is great as it prevents an energy card from being attached next opp turn. T1 Piplup/Rare Candy, Empoleon SF is near winning start. Maybe consider going 2-2 MD/SF
-1 Mespirit. power lock is not part of the strategy, and it provides for another bad start. Why did you take out that 2nd baltoy?
+1 Uxie lvX If you are going to run 2 Uxie, why not 2-1? It will make many matchups easier, including Machamp

-3 SSU
-1 Premier ball
+1 Roseanne
+1 Pokedex
+1 Call
+1 water
-2 Rainbow, +2 Multi
-2 Dawn +2 BTS

Although I can understand those changes you have mentioned I will go through certain aspects.

I get what you say about MD Empoleon being better that Pt so I will change that.

Have you ever looked at Empoleon Lv.X, it is not used to attack, it is used for its Poke-Power so I can disrupt my opponents hand, which brings me onto Mesprit, I can use Psychic Bind multiple time throughout the game and combined with Empoleon Lv.X's Poke-Power it can really lock down the opponent, making it difficult for them to do anything.

I don't have Uxie Lv.X.

Supreme Command is not so hot. So, the opponent can't use 2 cards that turn. maybe it hurts him, maybe not. Its not like its a Flygon LvX which discards. And BTW, dropping the Emopleon Lv X will make your Flygon matchup easier.

The Mespirit power locking also does not fit in with the strategy of the deck. Its like an odd duck. A single card for a strategy that other decks are built around. If you want to build a power locking water deck, your line might look like:

3-1 Palkia G
4 Power Sprays
4 Mesprits
4 SSU
etc

Its not a bad strategy and it can win games, but it is not the best strategy for YOUR deck. Empoleon is a tank deck, you want to build your Empoleon MD as fast as you can, spam your bench with pokemon, and hit for 100 per turn. Its a simple strategy and very easy to play, but it has nothing to do with hand manipulation or power locking. Any tech which slows you down should be eliminated, unless it is absolutely necessary for a critical matchup. You need 1 Unown G for Claydol for the Gengar matchup. If you have an Uxie on the bench, you'll need another. Nidoqueen doesn't really fit in here either. What happens if you get a Nidoran start? You have no searchable energy to use on her, so she'll just end up being sacrificed. You want to maximize your odds of a Piplup start here. Right now, you've got 2 Unown G, Azelf, Nidoran, Baltoy, and Mespirit. Thats 6 bad starts out of 10 possibilities. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back