Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon PL

pichaque

Hey everyone, it's been almost 6 years since I've last played. Over the summer my friends and I have decided to go ebay crazy (they collect Transformers) and I've been encouraged to start collecting the original sets. I finished the first four (base, jungle, fossil, tr) yay and as my final ebay purchase for the summer i bought a bunch of cards from the D/P-Pl series for collecting purposes since I didn't have any of them. Most of which were from the Platinum set and I ended up with 4 Empoleon. So now I'm thinking of playing again, but of course I've been out of the loop for so long that I don't even know what everyone's using or any strategies, let alone any good trainers that are out there.

So, I need your help finding a strategy with Empoleon PL which I think is a very powerful card (but what do I know :p). 4-2-4 with some Rare Candy's (they still have those right?) and whatever trainers may help me get him out T2. DCE and what-not. Also I'm not sure what other Pokemon to combo him with. Are there any powers out there that can complement his 70 attack-whoever-I-want-attack? I want to avoid using any Lvl X or Prime cards just because my budget doesn't allow for that (damn school). Let me know what I can do, thanks!!

Pretty good card. You could use the HG/SS Feraligatr to attach as many Water energies as you need.

You could try using cards that attack the opponent's bench to make that 70 closer to a KO. It isn't exactly very affordable, but 4x Crobat G (put on bench = 10 damage to anything) + 4x Poke Turn (brings Crobat back to your hand) can help with the sniping.

There are, in general, a lot of SP Pokemon that can snipe, but what's probably their best card for the job, Galactic HQ, could end up hurting your own Pokemon when they evolve. You could try activating Broken Time-Space to instantly evolve your Feraligatr and Empoleon, then overwrite it with Galactic HQ. Rare Candies could help.

This used to be a pretty good rogue, that unfortunetly nobody saw. Play judge, use empoleon x's power to make their hand 2 then knock off to make it one card. Combine it with mesprits for power lock and you have an amzing rogue. Unfortenetly with the rotation, that rogue is not viable anymore.

So I'm thinking 4-2-4 Empoleon PL with a 3-2-3 or 2-1-2 Feraligatr Prime line for Rain Dance. Then have 4 Crobat G's to snipe.

Trainers so far I got 2 Broken Time-Space, 2 Galactic HQ, 4 Poke Turn, How about Draw power, or even cards like Fisherman to grab 4 energies from the discard pile? Or how about cards that will search for Pokemon?

And for Energies. I'm thinking 4 DCE and 4 Rainbow so i don't need to use psychic. and then the rest of the deck filled with water energies.

How does this sound?

Probably not 4 Crobats. Most decks that run them run 1 or 2. But 4 Turns is a must with them.

You don't need Broken Time-Space if you have rare candies.

For drawpower, play 2 Uxies (from LA).

Sounds pretty good. And you'll probably want Expert Belts in there.

What about Prof Elm's Training Method to search for Empoleon/Feraligatr? and what about cards like PONT or Copycat?

And we're still allowed to use old versions of the cards right? Like Rare Candy and PETM.

Back