Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon/Vaporeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I was sitting next to this kid a a prerelase and he pulled 2 Empoleon lv.X's. Once I read the card I figured how good it would work with vaporeon ex. PLese leave suggestions .....

Pokemon:18

Empoleon lv.X x2
Empoleon x2
Prinplup x2
Piplup x4

Vaporeon ex x3
Vaporeon (DS) x3
Eevee (UF) x4

Trainers: 25

Holon mentor x2
Great Ball x2
PETM x2
Poke Ball x2
Celio's Network X3
Proff. Oak's Research x3
Steven's Advice x1
Glacia's Stadium x3
Switch x3
Rare Candy X4

Energy: 17

Holon WP x3
Metal x4 (SP)
Water x10

Strategy:

So you want to start out with and eevee every game and then turn 1 vaporeon (DS), get the Holon wp on him so by turn two you can do 50. Once you get the Empoleon lv.X up and running evlove a spare eevee in to Vaporeon ex and use his power to shuffle your opponents hand into their deck and they get four cards. Then use Empoleons poke body to immobilize two of their cards leaving them with a 2 card hand. This deck gets a very quick start and skrews up your opponent . (PLaytesting it hasnt lost yet).

NICK K.............:pokeball:

Last edited:
umbreon* and briney, SSU, and windstorm for Delta

already had thought of this. That's why i'm asking for them on my trade thread.
it may be to slow, though

DRE and Scrambles, instead of WP and Metal(<what is that for?) Empoleon is not metal.

Why the Vaporeon from DS? instead go 3-2-2-2 on Empoleon Lvl X

VAporean Delta is for a quick start so turn 1 you use the Energy evolution to get the vaporeon Delta..
Metal is there to get out the vaporeon and then you use his attack for 1 energy to search through you deck for a holon energy ( holon wp) and then turn 2 you attach and can do 50. that is the key term in getting this deck a quick start.

I like the T2 Vaporeon d idea.

Vaporeon ex is just plain nasty in this deck, but the only problem is the consistency. I think you need a much better trainer line to set up faster.
Maybe something like this:
Trainers (25)
3 Scott
3 PETM
3 Celios
3 Holon Mentor
3 Professor Rowan
2 Stevens
4 Stadiums/Windstorm
4 Rare Candy

By no means is this a "good" trainer line, but IMO the way to go is a Scott engine cause Scott lets you search your deck for your 3 main set up supporters at once (Mentor, Celios, PETM)

AND for Pokemon, unless you use the Holon engine w/ Researcher, I suggest you drop the metals for 4 Holon's MagTrodes, as they are searchable via PETM and Celios

I like the T2 Vaporeon d idea.

I think you need a much better trainer line to set up faster.
Maybe something like this:
Trainers (25)
3 Scott
3 PETM
3 Celios
3 Holon Mentor
3 Professor Rowan
2 Stevens
4 Stadiums/Windstorm
4 Rare Candy

I tryed your list and it was really bad, Nothing came out and it took like 5 turns just to get decient stuff.
( How do you think i can fit in some SSU?

you definitely need super scoop ups in here.. professor Rowan is a horrible card,

Holon mentor x3
PETM x3
Celio's Network X3
Copycat x3
Super Scoop Up x4
Steven's Advice x2
Windstorm x3
Switch x1
Warp Point x1
Rare Candy X3

-1 Piplup
-1 Vaporeon DS

-2 Water Energy

Copycat>Oak

SucidalPikachu..
SucidalPikachu..

Why do you have only one swith in there because the main point is to attack for 80 then SWITCH since you can;t attack twice in a row with Empoleon lv.X??? At least the glacis stadium helps out with that so you need to have a sufficint source of at least one or the other....
Can you post a list with all that fit in for me?? Also you have no way of getting the energy out and with so little energy and no way of getting it that wont be good

Last edited:
Why do you have only one swith in there because the main point is to attack for 80 then SWITCH since you can;t attack twice in a row with Empoleon lv.X??? At least the glacis stadium helps out with that so you need to have a sufficint source of at least one or the other....
Can you post a list with all that fit in for me?? Also you have no way of getting the energy out and with so little energy and no way of getting it that wont be good

so you actually plan on using that attack as your main attack? why?? that's like saying the whole point of Rai-eggs is to use Metalic Thunder the whole game... Empoleon's attacks are good enough that you only need to use the Lvl X's when you have to. and Technically there's 2 switch, cause warp point switches your pokemon too. As for energy, 14 is enough in most decks, you only need 3 to attack and in a 60 card deck you will be starting with at least 1 energy most of the time. considering that you have 3 copycat in the list, you will be able to refresh your hand with energy once you're out.

VAporean Delta is for a quick start so turn 1 you use the Energy evolution to get the vaporeon Delta..
Metal is there to get out the vaporeon and then you use his attack for 1 energy to search through you deck for a holon energy ( holon wp) and then turn 2 you attach and can do 50. that is the key term in getting this deck a quick start.

Sucidalpikachu,,
your list works pretty consistantly but can you send a list with everything in it like Umbreon* ect..
Thanks
Nick k

So I get water in the hand and I attach and get out Vappy ds. Since I have no metal energy in hand. On the attack I collect a holon energy from the deck. So now on my next turn still no Metal energy. Now what to I do? Play the rest of the deck as it falls or is there a special trick I am not seeing?

Next Infernape has been getting all the hype. Is EmpoleonX > Infernape X since Infernape is weak to it? I think their will be more Infernape decks than Empoleon decks so I want to be prepared.

METALS??? IM confused.for Vap,not a good attacker.

SSU is needed in here.Vapereon DS isnt that good,

3-2-2 Vaperon EX DS/Vaperon UF XD

Vap UF at least can attach energy to OTHER pokemon,plus I hate DS Vap.
Lose WP and Metals,add Scramble and DRE,LV.X and Empoleon is mostly a sniper,so he needs to be able to do that more quickly.

the Empoleon line is good,fixed the Vap line.

3 PETM
4 SSU
3 Pokeball
3 Rare Candy

is what my trainers would start off as,the others would be your decision.

9 Water
3 DRE
2 Scramble

would be my energy selection,since I can attach with the Vap UF,less energy,can discard them and attach on bench.

I mean,the Empoleon is good on its own mostly. U disrupting their hand mostly I understand,but u gotta do this around t3-t4,run holon engine of course and thats all really,I mean it aint to much u can do besides shrink their hand and snipe,thats good enough,thats enough to mess up alot of setups.

Its a contender if u know how to play the deck effectively,thats how its a contender,make it,test it and get better with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back