Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Endless game

Suppose a game is going on during swiss in a city championship and a player plays team galactic's wager, and both players before the game had agreed that when the card was played that they would do the same patern over and over resulting in a infinite amount of ties. What would a judge do? Time would eventually be called and the player would have to finish his turn but would not be able to because they would keep redoing the rps. What happens? If you were a judge what would your call be, and do you think it would be just? Assume you don't know the players agreed before hand to tie.

P.S. I do not plan on doing this, a friend of mine brought up something along these lines and I thought into it. I am just curious..

I assume that the judge or judges would let it carry on for say another 10 minutes until they figured out that it was obviously done on purpose then game loss both players or DQ both at worst. due to intentional delay of game. Is this just though? If to say the pattern is very long and has no obvious sign of repetitiveness would the judges be able to prosecute on such a vague accusation? All reply's are welcome.

Or would this be dealt with similar to a player never drawing into a basic? There, a judge comes over after a set amount of time from the beginning of the round, finds the first basic in the deck, then the player draws 6 more cards. So, could a judge come over, declare it as having gone on too long, and just flip a coin? Both situations are similar in that they are events that should, based on probability, come to a specific conclusion at some point (An RPS winner, or a basic drawn), but time constraints would prevent the series to continue long enough to reach the conclusion.

Chairman Kaga said:
Players may not take intentional actions that disrupt the event. Engaging in this game play stalls the event for every other player.

People like to do stuff like this out of spontaneous fun. I don't think that's a bad thing. However, they just have to consider others and NOT overdo it.

I used to run an Electrode deck where I'd force sudden death almost every other match. Sometimes, my opponents would ASK me to put the match into double or triple sudden death (just because they thought that it was cool that my deck could do that). So, I would and then, after 2 or 3 sudden deaths, I'd look at them and say while shuffling "OK man, I've gotta go ahead and try to take this next one because time has been called OK?" People would crowd around, cheer, laugh, and discuss. It was a fun spectacle (I actually T4'd with that deck a CCs last year a couple of times..LOL!)

So... it was fun. But, we were AWARE of the event's flow and limited our fun to where it did not affect others.

Now, to answer you question about what a judge would do in YOUR scenario.
MY solution would be quite simple. I'd say "guys, we're under the 20 min mark, so if you can't beat each other at Rock, Paper, Scissors, just flip for it. You roll & you call it" and I'd go about my business and continue to monitor tables... lol

Simple & practical solutions create relaxed environments :)

Last edited:
I used to run an Electrode deck where I'd force sudden death almost every other match. Sometimes, my opponents would ASK me to put the match into double or triple sudden death (just because they thought that it was cool that my deck could do that). So, I would and then, after 2 or 3 sudden deaths, I'd look at them and say while shuffling "OK man, I've gotta go ahead and try to take this next one because time has been called OK?" People would crowd around, cheer, laugh, and discuss. It was a fun spectacle (I actually T4'd with that deck a CCs last year a couple of times..LOL!)

Simple & practical solutions create relaxed environments :)

"I wish it was that easy : /"

Back