Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Endless Poison

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Just something stupid from the new cards.

Pokemon (14):
3 Croagunk
3 Toxicroak
4 Koffing GE
4 Weezing GE

Trainers (31):
4 Great Ball
4 Quick Ball
4 Celio's Network
4 Mars
3 Wager
4 Master / Dusk Ball
4 Windstorm
4 Oak's Visit

Energy (15):
4 DRE
3 Scramble
8 Psychic

Koffing L.18 – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Tackle: 10 damage.
[P][C] Smogscreen: 10 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. If the Defending Pokemon tries to attack during your opponent’s next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, the attack does nothing.

Weakness: Psychic (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Weezing L.42 – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Koffing

Poke-Body: Toxic Veil
In between turns, place 1 additional damage counter on each player’s Poisoned Pokemon.

[P][C] Oppressive Gas: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)

Just something really stupid I tossed together in about 5 minutes. A simple Poison deck that says that Poison does lotsa damage, AND that it can't be removed. if Weezing can hit it, then it also does Confusion, some fun status effects. I might have to add in some Switch/WP if it looks like Weezing's retreat is too much, possibly some Maintenance to resolve some KO effects, but I'm building for speed right now, then I'll work out where everything goes once the speed aspect is taken care of.

How much damage are you expecting to do a turn? Because it looks like it's 50 max Poison damage, plus 30 from Toxicroak, or 30 from Weazing, and possible 30 from Confusion... you max out at 110, if your lucky with Weazing AND Confusion flip, and only if you have all four Weazings in play. You're damage cap is luck reliant, needs alot of Weazing, and only maxes out at 80 if you don't attack with Weazing, plus, it's not too high, with the format filled with Gallade and Mag Lv.X, with a little bit of Blissey, and maybe when GE comes out, Wailord. Also, the most HP in the deck is 90, which is Toxicroak, and alot of things KO it. Where's your Buffer Pieces and Plus Powers? It's like Kriketune, with low HP and damage output and needs alot of Weazings in play to max out, just it is slower, Special Condition reliant, must evolve ALL Weazings to do 80-110, 10 more HP (Toxicroak), better stalling, more luck reliant, and possible more damage output. So, Plus Powers and Buffer Pieces. Or, a nice, strong, solid hitter with a respectable amount of HP.

I was trying for a speed deck that could hold the Poison after the evolve.

Remember that the maximum of 80 is only applicable when the opponent DOESN'T attack me, which is the whole point of the deck. To stop my opponents from constantly attacking. Force them to retreat, save their Pokemon. Mine will get KO'd at some point, and the next version of this will probably have at least some, if not max'd, Maintenance. If they decide to attack, they get hit with another 50 damage, probably KOing whatever they had sent out (only about a dozen Pokemon have over 130 HP, and almost none of them are used). Oh, and don't worry about Gallade. My attacks are doing 100 to him b/c of Weakness.

Muk can't poison, can't keep the poison on, and is an expensive attack.

I'm trying to keep this thing speed-oriented. Stage 2s slow down the deck.

I'm thinking maybey Creselia Lv.X ... its an extra prize and an extra reason for your opponent to keep retreating his pokemon. The energy isnt that bad considering your other pokemon only need 2 energy.
you should take a DRE out and add a scramble.

Remember that CressX can't take DRE or Scramble, cuz it's still a Basic. On top of that, she doesn't Poison.

I don't really think it would slow down the deck too much. You have access to Rare Candy to speed it up, and Nidoran and Nidorino aren't half-bad compared to Croagunk/Toxicroak.

Dustox might be fun. Poison them for 20 Poison damage WITHOUT considering Weazings. Plus, it has more HP and damage output. Not a card most people think about, but...

About Dustox, it's a stage 2 that needs 4 energy to work. Not good.

King is interesting. However, its damage to energy ratio simply isn't as good as Toxicroak, and it doesn't force your opponent to switch out of a bad situation. It allows more outs.

Skarmory sounds like an interesting little single. I'll think about it for the next build.

For those suggesting stage 2 lines, answer this question for me. How should I build the deck so that I can get multiple T2 Weezing, as well as a good chance to poison, when I'm forced to take out at least 4 of my Searchers for the at least 4 "stage 1" cards that I'd need for 3 stage 2 cards? (4 being 2 stage 1, 2 Candy minimum) The basis of this deck is speed, and adding in a stage 2 is removing 4 spots that would be better used for searchers.

Hi bull, long time no see. I like the idea, not much to change beside I would run roseane's over great ball just because you have a low amount of energy in the deck. Another option about this deck: Why not run a crysal beach version of the deck? Everything only costs 2 energy, and it screws over G_G, and blissy. The skarmory tech would be a nice add-on, but I wouldn't play it because its an easy snipe target, and if you start with skarmory, it will be hard to recover. You definitely need Night maintanences, and TSD's in this deck or else when you sacrifice some of your starters to get set up, you'll end up having no pokemon left. I would consider playing the new Arbok, it looks Deadly, and would be very nice to play a 2-2 line or even a 3-3 in this deck. One sec I'll go get the spoiler.

Arbok L.31 – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Ekans

[P] Poison Reaction: 10 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is Poisoned, this attack does an additional 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon isn’t Poisoned, the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.
[C][C][C] Wrap: 50 damage. Flip a coin, if heads the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)

Last edited:
It's a thought. However, the damage just from POison itself should be enough in most situations. If Toxicroak is attacking, the theory is that I'll be dealing 60+ damage after my turn, and 100+ after theirs. Toxicroak does give the advantage of forcing a Switch, though, which is really advantageous. Disrupts the opponent's setup, and that's HUGE against the monsters like Gallantry and Mag. I should have a revised list up by tomorrow.

This is my impact.

I'm thinking maybey Creselia Lv.X ... its an extra prize and an extra reason for your opponent to keep retreating his pokemon. The energy isnt that bad considering your other pokemon only need 2 energy.
you should take a DRE out and add a scramble.

The damage reduction doesn't hurt this deck. Not having the 2 energy when needed does. DRE > Scramble about 90% of the time.

Cressy lvX doesn't help the deck. It gives it another Basic, it can't use DRE or Scramble, and the effect isn't really worth it considering that Poison is the main strategy of this deck. I'd have to Retreat all the time, and I really don't wanna do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back