Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Energy Shower on Birds and Beasts?

Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard in Ask the Masters on 11/30: said:
POKÉMON ATTACK == Energy Shower (Ex Dragon Flygon)

Can Flygon use its Energy Shower attack to attach energies to the legendary birds with Anti-(Lightning/Fire/Water) Powers or to the Legendary Dogs with Pure Body Powers, since this is an attack effect and not a 'normal' energy attachment?

I am thinking that the answer to this question should be yes, and I need to know so that I can use the ruling as the basis for a new deck.

I am hoping that the question will be answered after the next Rules Team meeting, since it was overlooked in the last one (the main reason I miss the chats...).

What do the rest of you think the answer will be, and why?

Last edited:
Well my instinct would be to say that it should get past the pure body power. I've always thought that powers like Harvest Bounty and the trainer Blaine were refering to your one energy attachment per turn rather than to any generalised attachment of energy from your hand. Otherwise it looks like with Harvest Bounty and Blaine you can attach four energies for that one turn.

Generalising the word attach to include any and all attachments from hand would seem to require reinterpretation of Blaine and the Harvest Bounty power.

That said, as BJJ has pointed out in another thread, it seems like the current ruling will be that pure body etc would be triggered.

Yes, the two things are intertwined. Rulings on one affects the other. And similar rulings need to be taking into account.

OK... but will they review this before the set is rotated out of Modified? ;)

I'd like to be able to actually play this card competitively, but that would depend on this ruling!

Back