Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Entei Cargo The Archetype

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyMan

I decided the first post should be by one of the biggest decks in the current MF format. It did very high in all the FATS and is one of my favorites so I decided to post the list that got me 12th at FAT. It went 5-0 but my sealed sucked at 2-2 =(.

4 Slugma
4 Magcargo
3 Entei Howl
1 Entei NH
1 Suicune NH
1 Cleffa

4 Elm
4 Oracle
4 Bill
4 DBG
3 Copycat
2 Pokemon Trader
2 Focus Band
1 GB
1 TV

20 Fire
1 Metal

Well you know the basic strategy because its been around since the WCSTS. It can beat pretty much everything. So shall we discuss?

MonkeyMan said:
I decided the first post should be by one of the biggest decks in the current MF format. It did very high in all the FATS and is one of my favorites so I decided to post the list that got me 12th at FAT. It went 5-0 but my sealed sucked at 2-2 =(.

4 Slugma
4 Magcargo
3 Entei Howl
1 Entei NH
1 Suicune NH
1 Cleffa

4 Elm
4 Oracle
4 Bill
4 DBG
3 Copycat
2 Pokemon Trader
2 Focus Band
1 GB
1 TV

20 Fire
1 Metal

Well you know the basic strategy because its been around since the WCSTS. It can beat pretty much everything. So shall we discuss?

Looks decent! I played a pretty similar version of Entei/Cargo in the Modified tournament the day before. There were a few changes in mine I had... I had no Gold Berry... and no Metal. I played 21 fire and 2 elm/2 copycat... I can't really remember what all I had in the trainer area... but there was a lot more. I played a few scoop ups and stuff I know...

Good deck though, it looks like a pretty solid Entei Cargo. :thumb:

Elms a no

Nice Monkey, but I still would NOT play 4 Elm in This deck. I'd play 2 tops, then go mary for the rest.

Good job in FAT though, I played Entei/Magcargo in the Comic-con FAT, really cool deck to play ;p

=d

I dont know martin but elm seems so critical I mean 7 cards seems like a good deal to me over mary, but it does help with the oracle so I can play a bill and not worry about drawing oracle later without having a bill/mary. Ill try it

And John I think the GB and Metal are a neccesity I mean pichu might be in full force out there but it is stilled played and with the oracle engine you can grab it for the kinky situatuions.

Thanks for the Incite!

~Levi

Mary actually gives card disadvantage, 3 cards for 2, in this deck, it hurts more than helps.

Well, Levi, it seems you already found the new pokegym.

Levi,

I look at it like this and I agree with Marty. What do you do when you Elm? You get a hand of seven completely random cards. What do you hope to achieve with this new hand of seven cards? The answer is obvious, you are looking for a couple key cards. Magcargo needs certain cards on KEY turns at KEY moments to win. Cyclone Energy? Focus Band? Holo Entei? Oracle/Draw guarantees TWO cards which is absolutely broken in Entei/Cargo. At the VERY least you are setting yourself up for the GUARANTEED Topdeck. Which never hurts in a game where reducing the luck factor is always big IMHO...

I like the Entei/Cargo Drawing Engine to look like:

4 Oracle
4 Bill
2 Copycat
2 Professor Elm
2 Mary

Alright. With THAT engine you still have 4 solid hand/shuffle cards in the 2/2 Elm/Copycat string. A 4/4/2 Oracle combo is NUTS. You give consistancy to a deck that loses to inconsistancy. I obviously cut the 2 Elm for Mary. Oracle + Copycat just don't mix. I'd rather re-inforce the Oracle deal. Again, four solid drawing cards isn't bad in the least.You have Traders as well. You may want to test Fast Balls. As they are INSANE. And worked VERY well in Brian and I's TMP decks. But then again Traders can grab the Enteis. Test and see. It's really a judgement call.

Here's my list:

Pokemon: 14
4 Slugma (Combustion)
4 Magcargo (Lava Flow)
4 Entei (3 Holo/1 Non Holo)
1 Suicune (Non Holo)
1 Cleffa

Energy: 22
21 Fire
1 Metal

Trainers: 24
4 Oracle
4 Bill
4 Double Gust
2 Copycat
2 Professor Elm
2 Pokemon Trader
2 Mary
2 Focus Band
1 Gold Berry
1 Town Volunteers

Good luck dude and props for your performance at the FAT. Beats the hell out of my 4-5 record. Hell, I can't even remember the tourney and fell asleep during one of my games...-_-

~Jim Ferrell

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply gymbo but I dont know if dropping the elms is the best thing. I mean there are too many games where I see a Hand of

Fire Fire Fire Slugma Focus Elm Entei NH

Now in this case Mary is not the best option. Because even though I might not get the combo I have a better shot of getting a good setup and chance of gaining advantage of the game.

Now Im not saying Dropping elms is a bad idea by any means because not playing trainers is a huge disadvantage, but it has its advantages as well.

Now ArticJedi Mary is good in this deck because you shuffle fire back and then have a better shot of getting a better howl on your cargo so in reality it is actually a Advantage to playing it in this deck.

I was just curious but has anyone tried out Juggler? I thought it might be pretty good in this deck but I dont know.

On Fastball in team its awesome because either partner can play it. but in single play I dont see it as being that great. I would rather be playing some trader myself ;\ but thanks for the suggestion jim

Now Im off to a couple more posts then sleep >_< Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited:
Grote_Crobat1 said:
This may sounds silly but why the Metal Nrg ?? :confused:

You ideally attach the Metal Energy to the Magcargo and reduce the 10 damage done to you. This is key when you face Destiny Mantine. It's basically Mantine tecH. They can only Giant Wave for 70 and then not attack at all the next turn. It's pretty nice...

~Jim Ferrell

Dude, did I miss something or was there just not enough room for Cyclone NRG? Seems Prtty important to me, or did the Neo guys find it was unessesary.

Flipping Out
--FlipsAreCool:lol:

Well It really is, After testing it it has so many downsides that the one possible advantage just isnt worth it. I mean you lose your energy for the turn, your opponent has to have 1 suicune out, you MUST have DBG that turn and cargo ready to attack. Now granted it was meant to be a situational card but thats just ridiculous if you ask me

Ray05 - Do not excavate topics half a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back