Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EP Prices

ajhawk

So, it seems that the initial price inflation for Emerging Powers is subsiding. I want to know what people think the prices will stabilize at. (priced from T&T)

-Catcher was as high as $12.99 and now is at $9.99.
-Gothitelle was as high as $9.99 and is not at $6.99.
-The non FA Tornadus is down to $2.99.
-Chere was as high as $1.49 and is not $.79.

Do these prices continue to drop?

-Chere was as high as $1.49 and is now $.79.

For your question,

1. Trollandtoad isn't a price guide, though they seem to determine prices, it isn't a price guide...

2. The cards always get a lot of hype the first few weeks they are out, then slowly die out, similar to BW, no one is seeking Abilityboars, now it is Abilitelles.

Maybe he wasn't using it as much as a price guide as much as a reference.

I've been wondering about the stabilization of the prices as well for this set. Right now, Catcher is stupidly high. Granted, its a staple, but its only an uncommon. Surely it won't stay higher than Collector. As for Gothitelle, I think it will fall quickly once the hype around it is gone. Beartic will most likely fall, though it might be a contender.

What I'm interested in is whether or not the prices WILL fall as much as they SHOULD....since EP is such a turd and no one will want to buy the set, the prices may remain high, a la Pachirisu CoL.

Catcher is not an uncommon. It merely has an uncommon symbol on the card. It is rarer that BTS ever was and will be played in every deck, just like BTS was. I expect it to stabilize at $7 or so. $10 is not unreasonable, but it ought to come down a bit from there.

It is an uncommon, there just happens to be a ton of uncommons...and, yes, it does seem to be rarer than the rest...

Back