Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ESMB League (SoCal): NOT Meeing May 6

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
No meeting May 6.

Reminder to El Segundo/Manhattan Beach league members:

We are moving locations, if you have any ideas, please PM me. We will not meet May 6.

==

Now that I'm not in El Seg anymore and Fri/Sun are my days in the South Bay, we've moved the league from the El Segundo Library to

Mira Costa High School Room 67

We'll still have City Championship, etc. at the Library but I can't reserve the room or get to the room regularly (unless they change policy to let us have it Sun. Afternoons).

ANYWAY -

Many thanks to our Assistant Gym Leader for getting us the new place to meet.

Here is a *MAP*

Park in the neighborhood and proceed up the gated driveway into the school.
Just past the pool, look down the hall to the right for the Pokémon signs.
Room 67.

We're continuing the current season from 6:30 to 8:30 on Friday.

We'll be meeting at this time every week for a while.

Y'all come. Reply with questions.

Last edited:
OK, new room is a

LABORATORY

Dan's Laboratory, to be exact.

First night was OK turn out + one new person that found us from the league locator.

We had some power outrages here in the 'bu. As soon as I can after I get the server back online I'll post a walking map showing how to get to the lab for league.

OK, we now have a map!

http://cary.cx/2CG/league/

or

http://www.cary.cx/2CG/league/

Why is that news? Because, you need a map to find us in the high school. It isn't complicated, but

"Turn up Meadows off Artesia, park by the first 3 way stop, then walk up the walk into the school, past the pool, right in the first hall, left in the second hall, room 67."

doesn't cut it for everyone.

Friday 6:30-8:30. Be there. Mahalo!

Fridays at 6:30 eh? I live pretty close... i have pracitces normally till 6 but if it ends earler i can go after school and drive 30 minutes over there. Do i have to show up exactly at 6:30? Also is the tournout still great now that its coming to a close of september? I might show up this friday. Pm me the details bulbasnore or just aim me at craftcom206. Finally a place that i can play after all this time!

EDIT: i just realized that this post isnt old froma few months ago sorry for being an idiot asking is there a good tournout still. Anyway i hope to see you this friday (i wish they were on the weekend i would make it eeryweekend for sure!)

Last edited:
Turnout Friday was 13. A lot of our players haven't found the new place yet. I spoke to people representing 5 more players and they are going to come (some this week & some next).

I anticipate we'll continue to build. The new format is a blast and the leage materials are the best ever.

BTW, korythatsrightmare is the new premier trainer from last week. We have some folks with new cards and some with old, so there is something for everyone (tho' were all building toward modified decks for City Championships coming up).

Come when you can, and you can slide right in to playing someone. We have a no consecutive play rule (play someone different from the last match each time). We do close up at 8:30.

We won't do one at league, but I do hope to have an unlimited in El Seg next month with FR/LG prizes. I might need your dad or someone to reserve the room. The idea is to stimulate new ideas in unlimited and to get some new cards into the hands of the 'old school' players. Better work on that Moltres deck. It would KILL with Blaziken.

While we're talkin':

- Shout out to new members: SB (Hi LP!), MC and MC.
- Patrick is our new Premiere Trainer so watch out!

Last edited:
This week's Premiere Trainer is: Marc-Lloyd.
First Badge: Dean.
We have two trainers with the Knot Island Challenge Sticker.
Welcome to returning trainers from the old location: Kurt, Anthony & Dave.

Don't forget to bring your badge books, please. We will not be providing anything but game points for those that forget their book.

League Related Tourneys, open to all, keep the dates!
THESE ARE POKEMON PENTATHLON EVENTS
Unlimited - Oct 23rd - 1Oam Registration El Segundo Library
Draft - Nov 13th - 10am Registration El Segundo Library

See you Friday. Don't forget the 'bring a new member points'.

I need some league books. If you're local and can spare a couple (hopefully you can't) I could use the help. I now have 1 person with no book and another expected next week!

OK folks, we may have a lot of ES folks at their homecoming this Friday. Bring your cards to trade & we'll still have a great time.

This week's Premiere Trainer is: Dean B.!
Thanks to Dan for coming and opening the room (and playing) even tho he had an eye infection.

I have some extra league books, how many you need? I can bring them at the prerelaeses if you want. Let me know.

lookinforwailordex said:
mr c this fridays isnt the homecoming its next weekend

Urr, Right, yah, I knew that. Maybe some of us adults will go the the comedy act at JoF across the street after league while you guys wind up Homecoming.

For those waiting on books: They are on the way. Thanks Mike Liesik @ PUI.

For those waiting on news: You many have missed Sean B. getting premiere trainer!

Welcome to Mark R., new member with the old school deck. I think I'll start saying welcome to new members here each week. People who are new since the ES Library League include Bobby B., David Y. Marina C. Sarah B. and our visitor from 3rd Planet last week.

OK folks, we will be in Knot Island for this week AND the 29th. Boon season doesn't start until the 30th. So, those of you still working on it have a chance to earn your badge & your Knot Island Challenge sticker.

The next two weeks are going to be deck mechanics weeks. We had a few decks that didn't shine at the last couple tourneys, so I would like the senior members to plan to give some time and to trade some cards to help me fix those up. Everybody bring your trade cards and spares. We need to start getting ready for City Championships.

lookinforwailordex said:
this week is the homcoming so i dont know if team slack is goin to show

slackers™ !!!

You guys should PM me about attendance issues. Also, for anyone not coming to league, I'd like a PM about whether you want a ride to the pre-release Saturday.

Back