Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

European Player Union!!! Trip to Worlds!

b0n3z

Extra Flights for Europe?

Have a look at this:
We have something running here. Regionals are about to knock on our doors and me and icemann are really into something. We wanna try this concept:
2 Tourneys in Germany. One up north (not sure where at yet, maybe Aachen, maybe Cologne, maybe Dortmund) and one in Stuttgart where you can get the Trip to Anaheim. Everyone who wants to fly might get his chance here, but this is important, there will only be the Trip and Merchandise to be won (unfortunately our LD didnt want to support us with Invites -.- instead they are going to give us some prize support!).
The entrance fee is going to be around 10-17€ and we will only be able to give out the flight if there is a certain amount of players (not known yet)!
So, here is the question: What do you think about this? You're gonna be able to have the chance for 2 more flights + a great prize support!

The tourneys are going to be 1-2 Months apart, and be sometime around Nationals!

Post ahead your thoughts and critic!

~b0n3z~

Contact POP intl. in the USA for invites, this is a good example.

Are you talking about 1 trip per tournament???? 20 Euro entrance is good .
How about the young players, they will not have a single change that way.

Meaby I can do a simular thing here in the Netherlands, trip + boosters I don't need to be official for that.

Just wait if there is going to be a grinder, because that's important.
If not there is no need to go for trips only....

Meaby as prize a travel cheque of 1000 Euro might be the best option.

Last edited:
PUI won't give invites, as only Nationals and Gyms gives out invites for INTL. Sad, bat true :(
Good idea though, it's nice to offer a trip. Hope you'll reach the right amount of players!!

HTH

So They can call it a Gym and get an invite.
It will be a GC with 1 trip, not much different from some Nationals.(which also recommend 3 trips)

I have talk with Amigo, they have say me, PUI won't give invites they gives only invites for the nationals and for no more events this year!

Rainbowgym said:
So They can call it a Gym and get an invite.
It will be a GC with 1 trip, not much different from some Nationals.(which also recommend 3 trips)
The Problem was that Amigo said, that they can not give out any invites at an event which has Entrance Fee ._.

The Problem was that Amigo said, that they can not give out any invites at an event which has Entrance Fee ._.

Does that mean that Nationals will be free events ? :confused:

But didn't you say that your event was free, but that any player had to buy a 'daily restrooms ticket' at 15 Euro ? :biggrin:

Nice idea to run such events, but don't you think it would be better to do it after the Nationals ?
In this case, players who already have won the trip could be not allowed to play and you prevent the question : what will a player do if he wins a ticket at your event and another one at a National later ?

Just my 2 Eurocent (advance on the Restrooms ticket) :cool:

Michel - are you sure you are not working for the LD?:rolleyes:

Daily Restrooms Ticket, the best one I heared since months.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so much fun, each LD has it's own explanation why they do or don't do things. Amazing.
Did you heared the translation of recommended?
I wonder if that Regional Prizestructure is treated on the same recommended way as the single/best of three rounds at the CC;s in Belgiums.:biggrin:

This is really a great idea, yeah. Our Nationals cost 15 euro anyway last year, so 20 euro for a tournament like this is peanuts. I would definitely be willing to try and get 10+ players to that event! Hopefully there's a way in which you can get invites as well, maybe make them into GCs without trip, and then give out the trip one the side or something?

Lia, if you're going through with your plan to do something like this in the Netherlands, I'd definitely be willing to help out organising and whatnot.

Anna, the plan for a tournament like that is one of our old idea's.
It's different from the German plan and contained 3 travel allowances for 1 tournament.
For this 05-06 season I don't think I'm going to stick out my neck for something like that.
Reading this topic made me enthousiast again, untill I remembered I can't even be part of it.
Motivation disappeared suddenly.

Meaby 06-07 if we are allowed to do it official or at least are active players again, we will get the plan out "of the fridge". And if that happens we will be happy with any help we need.

b0n3z

check out your local laws on running a lottery. If you can comply with all the regulations associated with running a lottery then you should have no problems legally with what you are proposing.

I suspect that some of the decisions made by POP are driven by advice from their legal department.

[I'm not saying that pokemon is or isn't a game of chance. Just that if you comply with the lottery rules then you'll be ok legally]

WHAT? 2 TOURNAMENT IN GERMANY WITH A TRIP EACH ONE! IT'S FANTASTIC!!!
I need a few days to organize....but if there's a confirmed date i would try to organize a trip from Italy to Germany, for at least 7/8 people.....

Well this sounds really great. At least we get some support from here unlike the German Forum where a bunch of people don't think very good about this idea =/

We are going to try to get us Invites, but unfortunately I highly doubt that our LD will give them to us =/

So...a trip without invite? The first would take the trip but not the invite to Worlds 2006?
I think that there are many people who want to come......so, if you organize a big event like this don't worry about the number of people.....

Last edited:
Well... I think it's a good idea but as Marcello wrote only GC can give invites and trips to Worlds.
Lia is right.... run a GC. Players must be sured that with this tournament they can have invites at least.
About trip + accomodation.
Price flight from Germany to LAX and return is about 1000 euro. Accomodation 120 euro per night.
How many players must to attend at tournament? (20 Euro x 500 players?)
And how can we run tournament if there is only one trip? One age group? Little players will have not any advantage with only one age group..
However I think that PUI could provide 3 trips and 4 invites per age group running an European GC.
Only in this case we will be sure that players from all european countries will be there.....

Ok, thanks for all your feedback. Since this was a starting idea of me and icemann, we're going to discuss all your suggestions over the weekend and we'll try everything to get the invite thing handled! And that's a Word =)

@Andceo
By the Way, you can add me to your Refs as well...we trade once or twice, too!

:thumb:
b0n3z said:
Ok, thanks for all your feedback. Since this was a starting idea of me and icemann, we're going to discuss all your suggestions over the weekend and we'll try everything to get the invite thing handled! And that's a Word =)

@Andceo
By the Way, you can add me to your Refs as well...we trade once or twice, too!

Jop ;) on Monday we will see!

(b0n3z, i added you.....probably the administrator cut my sign because it was too long.....i will resolve the problem!)

Back