Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Everybody loves dice-holder Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Soda

So I've finally recovered from my trip to Origins. Had lots of fun. I kept getting one question, though: "Where did you get that?" And by that, I mean this:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7965/pikadice13va.jpg

It's Pikachu! And it's holding my dice!

WHAT IS IT?

Some people thought it was porcelain or glass. Actually, it's a puppet made out of latex/rubber/something like that (there's also a Mew version). I just pull the arms apart a little bit, slide the dicebox into place, and then the material's attempt to go back to its former shape grabs and holds the dicebox.

Of course, if it were just holding my dice, it wouldn't be able to stand up like that. The reason it does stand up is because it is also secretly a deckbox cover:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5659/pikadice20bx.jpg

(No suppository jokes, please.)

The EX Deck Tins are the best fit, in my opinion (as evidenced by its appearence in the photograph). It's just the right length, width, and height. Plus, if you put the tin in upside-down, you can just slide it out an inch, open the lid, and slide the deck out.

WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

That's the real question, isn't it? Well, I got mine at Mississippi Valley Regionals, at one of Vince's side-events. But for the rest of you, I searched around, and here's what I've found:

eBay search results for "Pokemon Puppet": When I accessed it, I saw a BuyItNow store that had 98 Pikachu puppets and two BuyItNow stores that had the Mew puppet (1 each, apparently).

I also tried a Google search, but I din't find anyone selling them through that. But if you find somewhere that sells them, please feel free to share.

A SMALL DISCLAIMER

I cannot guarantee that if you get one, it'll be able to cutely hold your dicebox the way mine does. Of the ones I have seen, some seem to have little shape deformities. This may affect dice-holding-ability, or it may not. I would guess that your chances of getting one that can't hold a dicebox are slim (since the arms are all you'd have to worry about), but I don't really know.

Actually, those were a BIG HIT at my Regionals.

Glad Evan got one!

They also made a Togepi (same style), but I think Pikachu (with the right training) is the best dice holder.

Talk to you all soon.

They will be making a return trip to my Regionals next year - with some other cool new toys!

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back