Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

everyone had a good pre-release?

Crobat58

well for 1...yes and no for me. for the 1st and 2nd event including the after event packs, i got no primes. but in draft...1 prime and 2 legend pieces. that really made it up for me. and also... an alph lithograph! and, i got every common,uncommon, and non-holo rares! so overall: great pre-release!:thumb:

@The General: don't forget, they reprinted rare candies and superscoop ups. Also, the t-tar decks have been more popular since the prime came out. and the 3 legends aren't that bad. i think kingdra prime takes over the crobat G. oh and one other thing; blastoise and feraligatr prime is powerful and popular.

Crobat58 - Don't worry, I didn't forget about candies/SSU. I think those two cards are good, along with about 3 other cards. Here is what I DON'T like about these cards:

T-Tar prime: Sure it has become more popular, but it is still slow and with a X2 weakness to Donphan, Promocroak, etc., it makes for a sad panda.

The 3 legends: Sure these LOOK great, with 80 to every power or 150 for 3 energy off of a non-evolution, but are these realistic? I need to spend my time and resources looking for 2 pieces (that are not searchable with roseanne's, collector, etc.) put them down, and dedicate my next 2-3 turns powering it up to finally attack? And of course you do that with many other cards, but at a two-prize cost I', not sure it is worth it. I no doubt think they look cool, but would a deck based around them truly beat top tier decks 9/10 times? Even 5/10 times?

Kingdra Prime: *Enter every other Electric Weak argument here: LUXRAY GL LV.X PWNS THIS CARDZZ* .....I am a Kingdra fan, it was my first good deck I ever played. And Kingdra prime isn't too bad. The power is sweet, the attack is mehh compared to it's LA brother, but everything else is not so good. Replacing Crobat G? Are you serious? Crobat G fits easily into many more decks than Kingdra Prime. The free retreat also helps Crobat G. To each his own.

And lastly, Blastoise and 'Gatr: A lot of people like this concept for 100 snipe anywhere, but come on....2 Stage 2's, 4 water in play, and draw power to get all of it out? Not to mention Blastoise X2 weakness to lightning....SP's (Luxchomp or anything Lux-blank or blank-ray in particular) just kill this deck. Power sprays kill this deck (obviously not Blastoise or Gatr's powers, but shutting off claydol or Uxie/Azelf). Any sort of power lock deck would kill this deck. It's just too much to get out when you compare it to top-tier decks.

Just my 2 cents!

Back