Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

evo deck help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunks60031

I need a little help with this deck
Pokemon
3 Exploud (2 EX Emerald, Hidden Legends)
3 Whimsur (EX Emerald)
1 Mightyena (EX Deoxys)
2 poocheyna (EX Deoxys)
3 Dark Tyranitar (Rocket Returns 2 w/ spinning tail)
3 lavitar (Rocket Returns)
3 hitmonchan (base)
3 Dark Sandslash (Rocket Returns)
3 sandshrew (base)

Trainer
3 pokemon Breeder
3 rare candy
2 the bosses way
2 switch
3 bill
3 energy removal
2 energy charge

Energies
2 Dark Energy
1 R Energy
4 Dark Metal Energy
4 Double colorless
7 fighting

I like to get Exploud and Tyranitar out Early and do damage early. I plan on getting one more mightyena for the deck for sure. Right now the deck works ok, but I'm really looking to trim the fat. what are your thoughts?

Hitmonchan is really used to stall and do considerable damage while i get dark tyrnaitar and or exploud out to do damagae. Exploud with the his 60 attack and Tyrnaitar to attack the bench with spinning tail. Mightyena is used to get rid of cards from the opponets hand while doing damage. Dark Sandslash is used to do 50 damage, ignore poke powers, bodies anything and to use poision payback., then obviously the trainiers are used to get tyranitar, sandslash, and mightyena out. Basically get everything out fast and place damage on the bench. It works sometimes and other times it doesn't. but i still have the back up of sandslash for its attack and exploud with collect to get three cards and the dbl colorless to use on exploud. Idk its an ok startegy

WOW that was a mouthfull, i say forget the stage 2's and then go with the stage 1's, but you could focus on using one of the stage 2's but if you're only using exploud for collect forget about him, but go with the stage ones to make it faster. but you really need to find one main strategy and go wth it and get rid of the "just in case" cards. JMO

Last edited:
ok if I do that then I free up a ton of cards with nothing to use. I free up atleast 11 cards then go to stage ones say around 7 cards open for me to do something with. I also loose the attack power of the deck. Dark Pupitar and Loudred IMO stink. The Dark Pup from rocket returns with double tackle is ok if you use tyrnaitar.

I agree my strategy needs help though lol thats why i posted it here to get criticized. It can only make me better.

Its nice to have 6 pokemon at 120 + able to do 100+ to an EX pokemon. but I'm still so lost on this deck. I really like it but I'm still unsure of what to do. Have you seen their stage ones? are there any good ones?

nope no good ones, well fine since i kinda like exploud i say go with him, or if you want to abuse darkness nrg go with tyranitar, if you go with exploud, max rare candys, and max out on boost, btw when i said go stage ones i meant go with the TRR sandslash, and Mightyena, the sky is the limit.

lol i got ya now. I though you said go with their stage ones... oh well its my stupidity. This is one of the reasons I hate this game... too many ways to loose, and too many ways to win lol. I'm going to take that into consideration and maybe max out the stage ones. Thanks for your help

awwwwwwwwwwww, i was looking foward to someone making a exploud deck,oh yea wat is your alchemist deck, and which stage 1's are you using

lol maybe i will make the exploud deck i like him too lol
Alchemist Deck (needs work but IT's not completed)
but i'll put it on in a second let me get it sorted out lol

Alchemist deck
Pokemon
2 Marrill (TRR)
2 Kangaskhan (1 Jungle 1FR LG)
1 Deoxys EX (Defense Form)
2 Deoxys (1 normal 1 Defense)
2 Mr.Mime (Jungle)
1 Mr.Mime EX (FR LF (magic Odds)
1 Rockets Mewtwo EX (TRR)
3 hitmonchan (base)
2 Groudon (EX EMRALD)
4 ghastly (fossil)
3 Haunter (Fossil)
2 Gengar (1 Fossil 1 Gengar EX from FR LF)

Trainiers
3 Bill
1 Energy Removal
2 Super Energy Removal
2 Energy Retriveal
1 Super Energy Retrival
2 Energy Search
2 Celios Network
1 Pokemon Trader
2 Oracle

Energies
10 Psychic
7 fighting
1 Dbl Colorles
1 Recycle

Strategy
Well... Really to stall until I can get Gengar Ex out and Mewtwo EX. Build up damage on the defending pokemon then send Mr.Mime out to use meditate and kill the pokemon. Khangaskhan is used to get cards out, and to stall while i look for celios network, sup energy removal, and trader. Then oracle is a great card I love it, but is it not allowed in a deck? I don't see too many decks with it in it so it makes me scared to use it lol. Oh Yeah and the odd water pokemon... Just nice to use, put any energy on it and use minor errnad running and get two energies. not much to this deck.

It's not complete because I'm looking to take out the two Deoxys and the Deoxys EX, maybe remove a haunter and a ghastly. Add another Mewtwo EX or so. and Who knows... any thoughts on this one

we NEED some gusts (can change game), more candies (+1) and less breeders (-1), more energy removal (+1), gold berries (maybe), professor oak (I think these are better than Bill), and I would use cleffas and tyrogues to stall (baby power is awesome). These cards that are needed in most unlimited decks IMO

baby powers are awesome, and I thought about adding the candy but never got around to it. I don't really care for Prof Oak just because I'm discarding the cards, yeah I'm getting 7 new cards but I may need the cards I just discarded. Only problem with babies, are that they don't have anything to them, their attacks usually suck... as a babies would. Sure you get to flip to see if it does damage and usually can be knocked out in one hit. I'm a bigger fan of azurill for the trainers. but I haven't looked at tyrogue or cleffa.

The only Baby pokemon that I might think about is the cleffa with Eek, maybe max those out and take out a bill or two, but I don't like the others

Last edited:
lol sorry, I guess it comes from playing so long but never playing in a tournament or league. I think I would get killed but I can't wait to try.

you need to focus in 1 or 2 evo-lines...Use the D. Tyranitar and mightyena with groudon, that's it. You will have more spaces for trainer cards.

if not, take out groudon and hitmonchan and add claydoll DX for a better setup.

i played from 96-98 and from 2002-2005 but never anywhere that was a league, just with my brothers and a few friends.
So are you saying I should go
X4 D Tyranitar
X4 Lavitar
x4 Mightyena
x4 Poocheyna
and throw in some more basics, maybe some babies or what not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back