Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EVOLUTION your game is evolving, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza 9.0

Its once again right before a big event series and our friends at Nintendo thought this an ideal time to turn the format on its head. . . Again

The format has changed drastically with the release of EX Emerald and most of the damage this time has been done a single card, Battle Frontier. This one card singly handedly destroys the formats big decks and there suport pokes. I supose you can look at this as a good thing, that by changing the format so drasticly with each new set, that this keeps the game instrinsing and new. So for now lats asume the latter the this to be true and look at what can be done to build the next gen arch-types.

The decks that are not affected by Battle Frontier are the decks that I see becoming the new top dogs.
These decks include but are not limited to; Zapdos, Blaziken, Gardivior, and some red face paint decks that I forgot.
Now I understand the power of rock lock, I've played it and won with it but with Battle Frontier now running about I just don't see it being able to stay aflout as a top tier deck. I'am sure there will still will be plenty of people trying to make it work with things like massive amounts of counter gyms and Scotts but I still don't see this working as the deck is jammed tight for space.

So enough talk about rock lock, lets get back to what this is all about, Zapdos. Of all the decks out there I thinlk this one will be the biggest competion at reginols. Zapdos exels in speed and power but lacks massively in the late game depatment, and thats what needs tweaking.
So I'll post my deck and see if anyone out there can see past the problems I'am haveing

3 Zapdos EX
2 Rayquaza EX
4 Electrike
2 Manectrik EX
1 Manectrik (rs)
4 Voltorb
2 Electrode EX
1 Electrode
1 Rayquaza (shining)

4 Battle Frontier
4 Stevens
4 Dual Ball
3 Wallys
3 Tv Reporter
2 Admin
2 Seekers

6 fire
12 electric

The deck works pretty good and as is the strategy pulls off the turn two 50-70 consistentley.
Just wish it could be more dependable.

Your thoughts and opinoins are welcome
Ray

i personally i have no experience with zappy decks, but i do know this. zappy is the best he can be in either a deck centered around him or a tech in elec beatdown decks. with the elekids, voltorbs and pika-raichu...well, good luck i would suggest going straight zapturndos if u want to run zappy at all

<>< rokman

Last edited:
yeah, not bad, my blackmail deck would own it. (Birdies scare me not!) i counter them fast, and they rarely even make my cringe, no matter how it is played, or how down i may be. i know eventually, he will die. but here is my suggestion.

ill let you in a secret
remove 4 duel balls ok and add in Lannets Net Search
sounds odd? yea, it is, pull 2 EX's for sure in your deck, rather than a possible 2, probable 1, and likely none.

Also i see no cards that pull energy fromt he discard pile, so lets see how many of your guys discard

Electrode EX X 2
Raquaza *
3 Zapdos EX
2 Raquaza EX
3 Tv Reporters(granted, energy doesnt have to be discraded)
but lets jsut sa, your facing rock lock, takes 2-3 energy from a Rayqauza to knock out a guy, and 2 turns of discard 2 energy for zapdos, and holy star is great, but EX's are dieing out here, not alot are played anymore. and trode EX, man, i think its 30+20 for each energy on your pokemon. so lets say rock lock, it will take ummm......5 energy to knock out a T. Tar.

So lets see, Zapdos-2 energy-Prize
Rayquaza-3 energy-prize
Rayqauza *- 4 energy-2 prizes
Trode Ex-5 energy-prize
14 energy used to take 5 prizes. its a lot, do a 1-1 line for magneton(dragon)Pull energy out of the discard after you use it lol.

jsut some ideas.

Last edited:
yeah Zappy's reliability isn't very great. Sure some people will get lucky and do well in a couple matches but against experienced players it's much harder. Problem with Zappy decks like these is Energy. Zapdos discards Energy too often to try and power up something else. Backup is Zappy's big problem. Zapdos decks are really good though, you'll definately see plenty at regionals. Then you might see some other lightning deck, that will own them all. =p Not to mention now that Scramble Energy is out, it is a lot tougher for Zapdos since it always gets early prizes, and 1 Scramble could make the game. Take out Zappy and everything else is left unable to attack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back