Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ex Light Deck vs Dark Deck: 10/20 cards added

Gliscor

ex__light_deck_vs_dark_deck_by_gliscorz-d45js97.png

Inspired by Flame Claws EX: Darkness Reborn, this is ex Light Deck vs Dark Deck. This is a mini-fake set, only consisting of 20 cards, involving Light Pokemon and Dark Pokemon. Each deck has 10 different cards, being a 30-card half deck. When making this fake set, I decided that I wanted to follow some sort of "theme" for the two types. So, the Dark type Pokemon in this set are faster than the Light types and do more damage, but they aren't as defensive and don't have a lot of HP. Light types, on the other hand, are slower and don't do as much damage, but these Pokemon have more HP and are more defensive. So, which side are you on?

1. Dark Zekrom
2. Dark Zoroark
3. Light Lucario
4. Light Reshiram
5. Dark Spiritomb
6. Light Jirachi
7. Dark Zorua
8. Light Riolu
9. Dark Durant
10. Light Lapras
11. Darkness Ball
12. Ecruteak City
13. Gary Oak
14. Lake of Rage
15. Shining Ball
16. Silver's Training
17. Light Energy (Special)
18. Night Energy (Special)
19. Darkness Energy
20. Light Energy

Light Deck:

1x Light Reshiram
1x Light Lucario
2x Light Jirachi
3x Light Riolu
4x Light Lapras
3x Shining Ball
2x Ecruteak City
1x Silver's Training
1x Gary Oak
8x Light Energy (Basic)
4x Light Energy (Special)

Dark Deck:

1x Dark Zekrom
1x Dark Zoroark
2x Dark Spiritomb
3x Dark Zorua
4x Dark Durant
3x Darkness Ball
2x Lake of Rage
1x Silver's Training
1x Gary Oak
8x Darkness Energy (Basic)
4x Night Energy (Special)

Comments are appreciated!

Last edited:
These are quite beautiful looking cards. Durant should have more HP however, and in Zekrom's power it says "6 Pokemon with Dark in ITS name" when it should say "in their names". And Night energy says it provides every type of energy. Then directly after says it provides [D] energy. Why?

Other then that, i loved Light and Dark Pokemon.

Thank you for commenting, Shino Bug Master.

As I stated in the first paragraph, I wanted the Dark Pokemon and Light Pokemon to be opposites. In this case, Dark Pokemon have less HP than usual, while Light Pokemon has more HP than usual.

For Zekrom, thank you for pointing that out. I will fix that soon. For Night Energy, it is basically saying that it provides [D] Energy when it isn't attached to a Pokemon with Dark in its name.

On that note, I also added Darkness Ball and Shining Ball to the first post.

Your basic light energy links to the special one. Other than that, the cards look pretty cool and balanced although they wouldn't change the meta that much if the set was released (probably because they're balanced lol.)

Also, where do you get your blanks? Because I can't find any good ones... Also do you make the images yourself? If so, that's really impressive.

Back