Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ex: Ruby & Sapphire Blaziken Print Error?

Gibby

Hello all. My name is Gibby, and I guess you could say this is my first post on these forums. I've been a member of pokeschool.com for a while now, but when I asked this question, we were unsure as to what to think or say, so with the help of Bullados, a frequent poster, we thought it would be beneficial to post this here and see what you all thought.

I was at my local Wal-Mart the other day, looking in the Trading Card Game section, like I tend to do every time I go to Wal-Mart. While I was there, I got the few things that I went in to get, and I decided to pick up a few packs since I had some money left over.

I picked up a couple of the ex: Ruby & Sapphire packs for I am still a little behind in those cards, and they happen to have them.

When I got back to my house and I opened the packs, I found this peculiar card. It is Blaziken. The card itself isn’t what’s peculiar, for it has all the information that it should.

Now, in the ex: Ruby & Sapphire set, there are two Blaziken cards; a holographic (card number 3 / 109) and a rare (card number 15 / 109). What I found that is strange is that this Blaziken is the holographic (card number 3 / 109) but it isn’t holographic. The number on the bottom right says 3 / 109. It was also noticed that the "e" that is seen on all the cards on the bottom left corner wasnot there either, so I was wondering if this was an error card.

With the help of Bullados, we have found that there was one known ex: Ruby & Sapphire Blaziken card (card number 3 / 109) that was printed that wasn't a holographic and didn't contain the "e" on the bottom left corner. It was found in the ex: Master Trainer kit box sets (a link to such a box set can be found here), but I never purchased for myself that box set. I have gotten myself the four 2004 and four 2005 World Championship Deck boxes and the two ex: Trainer Kit boxes, but that is about all in the box set deal.

So, my question is, is there a known ex: Ruby & Sapphire Blaziken error known or am do I have some wrong information?

((Sorry that there is so much text here. I tend to like to give a great deal of information in my posts. *blush*))

[ PS ]
Sorry if this was posted into the wrong section. It was either here or in the [Single Cards: Strategy, Rulings, & Collecting Questions] section, and I wasn't sure if it should have been there for it wasn't a strategy, ruling, or collection question (well, it could be considered a collection question, but I'm unsure).

Last edited:
Gibby said:
Hello all. My name is Gibby, and I guess you could say this is my first post on these forums. I've been a member of pokeschool.com for a while now, but when I asked this question, we were unsure as to what to think or say, so with the help of Bullados, a frequent poster, we thought it would be beneficial to post this here and see what you all thought.

I was at my local Wal-Mart the other day, looking in the Trading Card Game section, like I tend to do every time I go to Wal-Mart. While I was there, I got the few things that I went in to get, and I decided to pick up a few packs since I had some money left over.

I picked up a couple of the ex: Ruby & Sapphire packs for I am still a little behind in those cards, and they happen to have them.

When I got back to my house and I opened the packs, I found this peculiar card. It is Blaziken. The card itself isn’t what’s peculiar, for it has all the information that it should.

Now, in the ex: Ruby & Sapphire set, there are two Blaziken cards; a holographic (card number 3 / 109) and a rare (card number 15 / 109). What I found that is strange is that this Blaziken is the holographic (card number 3 / 109) but it isn’t holographic. The number on the bottom right says 3 / 109. It was also noticed that the "e" that is seen on all the cards on the bottom left corner wasnot there either, so I was wondering if this was an error card.

With the help of Bullados, we have found that there was one known ex: Ruby & Sapphire Blaziken card (card number 3 / 109) that was printed that wasn't a holographic and didn't contain the "e" on the bottom left corner. It was found in the ex: Master Trainer kit box sets (a link to such a box set can be found here), but I never purchased for myself that box set. I have gotten myself the four 2004 and four 2005 World Championship Deck boxes and the two ex: Trainer Kit boxes, but that is about all in the box set deal.

So, my question is, is there a known ex: Ruby & Sapphire Blaziken error known or am do I have some wrong information?

((Sorry that there is so much text here. I tend to like to give a great deal of information in my posts. *blush*))

[ PS ]
Sorry if this was posted into the wrong section. It was either here or in the [Single Cards: Strategy, Rulings, & Collecting Questions] section, and I wasn't sure if it should have been there for it wasn't a strategy, ruling, or collection question (well, it could be considered a collection question, but I'm unsure).
I believe this card is contained in the Ex: Battle Stadium Set... It also includes a Gardy that is exactly the same...
I dont believe it is an error...
Drew

TheDarkTwins said:
I believe this card is contained in the Ex: Battle Stadium Set... It also includes a Gardy that is exactly the same.

Alright TheDarkTwins, or Drew.

I did a quick google image search for ex: Battle Stadium Set, and based on the images I found, I never purchased such a “set.” Plus i don't contain a Gardevoir from the ex: Ruby & Sapphire set (holographic or none).

Oh well. In some fashion, I somehow obtained this card.

So would it still count as being part of the ex: Ruby & Sapphire set or would it be best to set it aside and find one that was actually from the set itself?

Being the kind of person I am, I will most likely set it asside and try to find one that is actually from the set itself. That would make me feel greatly better about it for some reason.

Last edited:
Back