Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EX Team Rocket Returns - Sevierville, TN

ScythKing

Place: Sevier County Community Center , Room 1
200 Gary Wade Blvd., Sevierville, TN
Date: 11/6/2004
Time: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Admission: $20

I'm sure that all of you have heard of the reduced prize support, but in keeping with the spirit of the PTO's and supporting the game I am offering an *additional* box of product to the 1st place or top winners in each age group for each age group that has 8 or more players.** (see below)
As usual there will be other give-aways and raffles for that party-down atmosphere we have all come to expect!
This is a new location and I hope to see some of the NC players come on over for some of the fun we always seem to have plenty of.
I encourage all of you to support us - the PTO's - in our efforts to continue to bring you World-class gameplay with some of the best prizes in the business. we are digging deep into our own pockets to do this and we need your support to show us it was worth it.
Thanks goes out to Lawman for helping me find an affordable venue so that we can bring a little of the excitement into that neck of the woods.

**I reserve the right to modify this to an alternate prize structure such as a box divided amongst the top 4 players. I will be thinking heavily on this as I want the prizes to be a genuine incentive and bonus for the exceptional players. But I *will* have a box to distribute as stated above. Give me your thoughts.

Last edited:
Jon: I think a mix to the top 4 might be a better way to go. Perhaps a "bonus" of 18 packs to winner, 9 packs to 2nd place and 4 each to 3rd & 4th. No need to "reward" just the top player only IMO. That leaves 1 pack from the box to raffle off or give to a "good sport" during the matches. IF enough for all 3 age groups show, then you have 3 add'l packs to raffle, good sport award, etc. Rememer, everyone will still be guaranteed 10 packs for playing!! (Plus a few of those POP packs, right?) Cannot beat that for the price!! See ya soon Jon!

Keith

PS If anyone needs more info on location, etc, please PM me and I will get in touch with you!

For those not 100% familiar w/ Sevierville, it is 30 mins from Knoxville (Go UT! Beat Georgia!) Home to Dolly Parton, just down the road from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Beautiful Smoky Mtns in the area. Parents can drop off kids at Center for tourny and go shop or view the Mtns. (Please return to pick up your kids tho :) No more than 90 mins for N Carolina border. Asheville less than 2 hrs away.

Hope to see lots of people there!

Keith

I feel this might be the only Pre-Release I attend. It's only 1.6 hours from my house, and I feel it would be a new enviroment. Hope to attend with me and my friends.

See ya there Jon, aka ScythKing.

We will be gald to have you and your friends, Prime. The more the merrier! Plus, we show enough numbers to justify more PRs, etc here...the better for all.

Keith

Prime said:
I feel this might be the only Pre-Release I attend. It's only 1.6 hours from my house, and I feel it would be a new enviroment. Hope to attend with me and my friends.

See ya there Jon, aka ScythKing.

Btw...Jon, the bldg is actually called the Sevierville Community Center. Getting closer....can't wait!

Keith

This event was so fun! I had the most fun I have ever had at an event. I met alot of cool people, and hope to come back again.

Prime said:
This event was so fun! I had the most fun I have ever had at an event. I met alot of cool people, and hope to come back again.
I'm glad you did Matt. LOL you didn't look all that happy but I guess looks are deceiving.
Truly I had a good time and am really glad that I allowed Keith to talk me into it.
It was good to see y'all again - including the Beaver and Dave Myers - whom I haven't seen since the old WarRoom days.

Last edited:
Well, right after the event, I had the WORST headache because I hadn't eaten in like 10 hours lol, so we went to a subways and talked about the day. MAN it was so fun. Nobody was arrogant, and everyone played GREAT games. I'd be very happy to go back anytime!

I am glad everyone had a good time. Thx again Jon for running a PR in Sevierville. I will do whatever it takes to get you up here again. (Find venue, reserve spot, cook, wash dishes, etc) It was nice to see such a diverse group come to a PR. We had TN, ALA. NC and GA represented!! I doubt many PRs will have 4 states present (possibly our friend, Vince did, in Memphis.) Matt, glad you enjoyed it!! Will be glad to host you all again. I'm serious about a few of us traveling over to Asheville for a tourney, when you set one up, let us know! Always nice to Gary W. at an event. I know we can do better at the next one, if Jon wants to come back :)

Keith

PS Numbers were 10- (1), 11-14 (10), 15+ (11). Total - 22.

Great to hear things growing out east!

Sounds like a good time had by all!

Hopefully I will get to see you all at an upcoming cities or states!

Yeah, our 4 states were a little different than yours (MO/AR/MS/TN), but you could consider MO a "cheat" since I brought them with me LOL!

Talk with you soon!

M45!

Back