Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Excellent live stream, TPCI!

deckmaster

To everyone in charge of the Pokemon live steam; from the announcers to the staff in charge of the technical details, great job, everyone--it was perfect! The announcers in both the VGC and TCG knew their Pokemon lingo and strategies, the video quality was good (cards may need bigger pictures just to read the text), and the stream was crystal clear with no latency-- it was a pleasure to watch from the comfort from our homes.

Great job, TPCI--keep them coming!

--Frankie--

Last edited:
This years it's been a great job having at least one TCG expert on the broadcast. Plus, Crimz and Josh have a lot of chemist together. :D

Yeah the HD option was very much appreciated as well. If they could stream even more games I think that'd be great. Baby steps of course but so far so good! One thing that kind of annoyed me was there was no chat option this time. So I was pretty much forced to watch the game and chat with only my friends over Skype about it rather than thousands of strangers like last year. Chatting with friends is cool but I 'm so used to being in a live chat with tons of other people for major sporting/gaming events.

But yeah, definitely great work and looking forward to seeing it get even better! :thumb:

Given that it's Nintendo and it's Pokemon, I'm not surprised that there was no chat. There is no way to effectively monitor and moderate the conversation in the chat room. Even a Nannybot probably wouldn't be good enough.

I would like to see a second stream. One for VGC, one for TCG, just so that the TCG players don't have to stay up until midnight just so that they don't overlap with the VGC.

Agreed. Was really great to be a part of the event through the stream and the professionalism displayed through the layout and time that was dedicated to the stream showed that it wasn't thrown together to silence a few critics. Top notch.

Thank you.

Yeah, I tuned in for a couple of the TCG championship matches, and they were thoroughly enjoyable. The announcers were entertaining, and the games were extremely fun to watch. Very well done!

I found JWittz to be a very enjoyable commentator/caster, and I hope they have him back for future events.

We brought our laptop to league and showed the streamed VG finals - our players loved it. With the help of some HDMI and a cooperative WiFi - great quality video and audio.

Thanks from the Fincastle Pokemon League!

everybody did a great job. just the times for the matches make it hard for the watcher because they dont know when its streaming.

Back