Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Expert Belt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankgrowth

If I attach an expert belt to a pokemon and use an attack that does no damage. For example crobat primes severe poison. Does expert belt make the attack do 20 damage to the defending? Basically, I'm asking if expert belt adds damage to an attack that does nothing. Thanks!

what about anattack that does say 20x and you flip a coin and it ends up doing 0 damage. Would expert belt add damage then?

IF you have a flippy attack you must do some damage and then add the 20 extra, if the result of the flippy attack is zero damage then expert belt can not add anything to it. This is my 2,516th post.

Pokemon Math: 0+20=0. 10+20=30. 10+20(belt)-10(sp metal)=20. Go tell your teachers that they were wrong all along! Also, tell them that 1+1 = 10 and 1+1+1=11 in binary.

But yeah... as has been said above, if you don't do any damage, belt will not add. If you do do damage and it gets subtracted by weakness, resistence, etc, the addition will come before the subtraction. Works the same with all addition effects.

Last edited:
It would be 20+20-20 in that order... so 20 is your answer. The only real reason where x + y = 0 is when x starts out as 0. That is, attacks like Call for Family and Impersonate, etc.

THEN THAT RULING WAS WRONG!

Dunsparce's Fade Out against a Gengar, with a colorless resistance, when Dunsparce has an expert belt DOES damage, amirite?

THEN THAT RULING WAS WRONG!

Dunsparce's Fade Out against a Gengar, with a colorless resistance, when Dunsparce has an expert belt DOES damage, amirite?

Expert Belt says that it adds damage before Weakness and Resistance.
I hope that people actually read the cards when making rulings at tournaments.

Pokemon Math: 0+20=0. 10+20=30. 10-10(sp metal)+20(belt)=20. Go tell your teachers that they were wrong all along! Also, tell them that 1+1 = 10 and 1+1+1=11 in binary.

Way to be a smart alec.

The point about "increasing" zero damage is that if the damage dealt is 0, you didn't deal damage and thus fail to meet the condition for increasing anything. It becomes a logic problem, not a math problem.

Also, your example with Special Metal is wrong. The damage is calculated to include the belt's increase because the belt is an effect on your pokemon, so it is applied first. The correct representation would be (10+20)-10=20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back