Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Exploud/Xatu (Mod.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baboon

I finally decided to try another deck, this time implementing those 4 Exploud I got...

(No name yet) (Mod.)

POKEMON: 24
4 Whismur
3 Loudred
4 Exploud
4 Natu (EX2)
4 Xatu (EX2)
3 Dunsparce (EX2)
2 Zangoose

ENERGY: 12
10 Psychic
2 Boost

TRAINERS: 24
3 Master Ball
3 Steven's Advice
3 Oak's Research
3 TV Reporter
3 Ancient TM Rock
3 Warp Point
2 Oracle
2 Rare Candy
2 Team Magma Hideout

The idea of this deck is to use Exploud as the main hitter. Just get one Active as soon as possible and start using Breaking Sound. Then, keep hitting all of your opponent's Pokemon for 10 damage, or if any of the other attacks seem better, use them. Xatu should be healing a couple damage every turn, so that should help. Then, when enough damage is on 1 or more Pokemon, ATM Rock could be used to devolve the opponent's Pokemon. Then, the ones that have enough damage will be KO'd. And, if this seems too slow or something, I could always just break out the Hyper Voice for 60 a turn. Trainers are pretty self-explanatory. (TM Hideout is there to get 10 damage to begin with. Not much, but one less Breaking Sound I'd need to use, hopefully.)

No, I didn't come up with the idea for this deck, but felt I should try it out anyway. Please post ideas or a name for the deck. Thanks.

What is the purpose of Zangoose? I would prefer an extra Dunsparce or even Jirachi to get Expouds up faster. One extra Dunsparce and a single Jirachi may actually work well. Note that Jirachi doesn't slow you down even though you will use the second round attack, you can still get a third round Exploud (and this will be more reliable).

You could then change some of the psychic energy to metal and use Jirachi as an attacker against Machamp and Walrein (weakness), but you may need two Jiracho for that. Less psychic energy - it will be rare that you want to attack with Xatu - will also make you less vulnerable to Gorebyss (free retreat to not be worried about confusion, horrible damage to you if you have even 2-3 psychic energy in play yourself). You don't have any trainers that gets basic energy back from the discard pile, so there should be little downside to playing metal.

Do you really need 4-4 Xatu?

I would play Desert Ruins rather than Magma Hideout. It puts damage on the Pokemon that may overpower me rather than the ones that I probably can handle with Exploud.

Not sure whether you can get by with this little energy, but I haven't played Exploud.

Exploude can really use Nurse or even Britney and with the boost that will be discarded and the fact that his first
attack only needs one energy he can really use Nurse. In my opinion 3-3 Xatu will be good remove something else to find room for nurse. Hatu could be replased by a good buccap hitter. Zangoose is good but how usefull will he be after you had used Atm rock. Like mozart said Desert ruins is better than team Magmas Hide out and it feets wel with the them. Another boost will help you get more prizes with Hyper voise . Use 4 nurse and try to keep exploud alive as much as you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back