Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Failmence!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicidalPikachu

So, we at aardvarks decided to build Tier3+ decks for a tournament about a month ago. i build Blaziken Heatran and got 2nd, but one of my friends built Salamence/Bibarel. i had just looked over salamence as another big clunky dragon that really wouldnt see much play, but after the tourney i decided to try it. The list i built was off the top of my head and had the greatest tech ever, Lumineon! but seeing as how i enjoy improving my decks, Here's the current Failmence list.

Pokemon: 17

4-2-4 Sally

2-2 Claydol

1 Superdeeduper Tech

1 Uxie

1 Azelf

1 Broken Tool(G)
Energy: 13

5 Fire
4 Water
4 Multi

Trainers:

4 Bebe
3 rosy
3 Felicity
4 Pickup
2 Warp Point
1 NM
1 Devoluter
4 Candy
3 Pokeball
1 Lux Ball
3 Pluspower

So, who can guess what the Superdeeduper Tech is? it's...

Crobat G LV.44 – Psychic – HP80
Basic Pokemon (SP)

Poke-Power: Flash Bites
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench. Place 1 damage counter on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon.

[P][C] Poison Fang: The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. In between turns, place 2 damage counters on the Poisoned Pokemon instead of 1.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

ZOMG!!!

anywho, Sally does decent damage but only if your opponent runs pokemon with 120+hp, but never fear, SHAYMIN IS HERE!!! so every1 and their brother will be running grass decks with hax hp buff. So you go super twister for alot, energy pickup the stuff back, and, you guessed it, super twister AGAIN! or you have Fail luck and you combustion for 50, but meh. so, there's a bunch of things with 130 hp or resistance that makes me do less, so why not run 4 Pluspower? because Crobat gets around Gengar, Luck Punching Machamps, Damage Reduction stuff, AND people who are like "OMG I HAVE TO R3TR34T5!" so yea, crobat is cool. Devoluter is for those times when you REALLY want your opponent to waste another rare candy for that Dusknoir, or Gengar, or Machamp, or other Salamence, or any Stage 2 that's been candied, OR you need the KO. other than that, this is really just a standard list.

RAWR!!!!!! FAILMENCE MATCHUPS!!!!

Spamdra- Don't get donked. If you don't, it's about a 60-40 match cuz you're doing 120 to them, or 130 w/ pluspowers, and they're doing 60-20 for like 7 turns till they get all their energy in the discard. which still hurts, but if you get all the stoof you need you're golden.

Donkchamp- Again, don't get donked. this is better than your Spamdra match-ups because Tally-hoe! you have resistance!!!! so while they cry and have to attach 4 energies to themselves, you go FIRIN MA LAZER! on their bums and you win. They go Luck Punch, AWAY!!! and you go EEK! SUPERDEEDUPER TECH@!@@@!@!@! and they die. 70-30 assuming you dont get Unskilled luckhaxed to death.

Duskgar- 50-50, So, here THEY have resistance, except it really doesn't help them. if they use Dusknoir's power once w/o lvling up, they get KO'd, and Gengar takes 100 and you either have a 50-50 shot of living, or you go Superdeeduper Tech and they die. so yea.

Masterblaster(gigas)- like 40-60, Because Donkchamp has garnered so much popularity for it's Lucksack Donks and Hax Punches, gigas APPEARS to be slowing its roll, but it still butchers anything with Colorless weakness. You both kinda just 2-shot eachother, except he has the Lock ur powas fairy and the ability to drag ur claydols up for the pwnz0rs on their face. Not a good combo for you. ur just gonna be like, let's hope that they don't get set-up and that i do. Worst match-up.

Shaymin.hax- Depends on what grass pokemans they be running. Scizor is prolly gonna be run with it and if they accelerate your face off than you lose, but if they dont, u win. i know people are gonna look at Torterra and be like ZOMG200HPS!!! and then they're gonna be really slow and clunky. and i will /lol them. anywho, you're not gonna have less than a 50-50 matchup because there's about a 99% chance anything w/ shaymin will trigger ur Body.

I`d suggest some super scoop up. It can save you sometimes and will allow you to use your superdeeduper tech more often.

I really don`t get the devoluter... you want pokes with +120 hp as your opponent, not weak stage1`s...

Besides that, nice article and good deck:thumb:

single devoluter if you need a Gengar out of the way w/o the chance of KO. it get's around some other effects too. If X was knocked out by damage, etc. you can also throw it on a pokemon w/o energy to disrupt your opponents.

If i had better luck, i'd probably run SSU, kinda ironic since im running pokeball and Pickups, but i see what you're getting at. i'll test it and see if i can find room for 1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back