Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Falalalalalalala : Local X-Mas Tourney Report

blitz101

I feel really bad that I had missed out on 2 consecutive City Championships, so even though I'm sick and there's a blizzard i decide to go to this for fun. This was organized by someone from our local league and it turned out really interesting. The entry fee was $2.00. And the prizes were:

1st - 14 Stormfront Booster Packs + $12.00 Store Credit (Can be used to buy anything from the store)
2nd - 12 Stormfront Booster Packs + $8.00 Store Credit
3rd - 10 Stormfront Booster Packs + $4.00 Store Credit
4th - 8 Stromfront Booster Packs

5th and on - 3 Stormfront Booster Packs

So basically you would get 3 packs just for entering with two dollars which is a really good deal. There was only one clause, NO LEVEL X's WOOOOOO. It was all in one division. I was playing Infernape/Typhlosion Spread.

Round 1: VS Tyler (Sceptile/Raichu)
Yea got my 6 prize cards pretty fast without getting Typhlosion out.
1-0

Round 2: VS Gordon (Empoleon/Frosslass)
K I get complete hacked hand with T1 Infernape so I flip for Blaze Dance get tails, ARG. But I Bucks into my Second Pokedrawer while I have a Chimchar on bench so I get Rare Candy and Infernape. FLIP, and TAILS AGAIN. ..... yea it just all fails after that.
1-1

Round 3: VS Cor (Empoleon/Magnezone)
I get a decent start and soon get heads on Flame Dance. Not sure but soon enough he concedes.
2-1

The pairing system was a little weird, at round 3 there were two 2-0's facing each other so the winner of that was determined as the champion. Then we had a top 4 cut to decide, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place.

Top Cut:

Round 4: VS Lean (Kingdra ZOMG)
At the beginning I thought I would get donked hard because of my past experiences with Kingdra. This was a fun match because one of my friends stole 3 of my 4 Rare candies before I had my match and I started shuffling and drawing. Then he comes by and gives them to me as a joke. Eh we have some laughs about it and then start. surprisingly I was surviving. Only thing wrong is that I couldnt get that 4th energy for Nape. But I did get 4 KO's with Close Combat with no return attack xDD. Yea and I eventually get the 4th energy and win it.
3-1

Round 5: VS Kevin T (T2 Scizor)
This was an awesome match. I get insane start and he gets an ok one. I do insane spread with Nape really fast. Eventually at one point I have 2 Napes ready on bench with 6 energies each so yea.
4-1

Like I said earlier 1st place was decided in round 3 (Wilson) He pulls Just a Dusknoir Lv.x From his 14 packs. I come in second with 12 packs. I always wanted the Char line just for collection and up until today I didn't even have one of the reprinted ones. from my packs I get my 4th Heatran Lv. X and a Charmeleon and I had traded Po-po-pochama for a Charizard earlier. I ask for a Charmander from him but he refuses and taunts. I get a really good deal and trade 2 MORE Charizards from the guys who came 1st, 3rd, and 4th. So now I have 3 Charizards and 1 Charmeleon. BUT NO CHARMANDERS.
I get $8.00 store credit and I trade away my Glaceon Lv. X for the rest of the store credit from others and some other cards I needed. So I had $24.00 credit. I added a dollar and bought 5 SF packs.
I pull decent and my 3rd pack had a CHARMANDER. This drives Po-po-pochama completely nuts. I also get 8 Conductive Quarry(s) and 7 Luxury Balls in total today >.>

Plusles:
2nd Annual X-MAS tourney was awesome
2nd Place/ Defending Champ
4 HEATRAN LV. X
CHAR LINEZ
INFERNAPE with no water weakness RULEZ
Finally beat Kingdra
Auto
Arceus999 got 7 packs

Minuns:
Was snowed in for a while
Arceus999 had to leave early