Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fastwave VS Everything

Flareon

Look, I am so sick of hearing this question that I am posting this:

I don't care if Ninetails with Safe Guard AND Psychic Protector, has Protective Orb, Mysterious Shard (two tools somehow!), Blastoise d, 4 Metal Energy (it turned into a Metal Pokemon!), a Fire Energy and a Holon FF Energy, Holon Legacy (it became Delta Species!), Ancient Tomb (it was reprinted and you are allowed two Stadiums in play at once!) and it used Ice Barrier (it learned a new attack!) last turn, Vaporeon ex knocks it out IN ONE HIT!!!

People, for the love of the Pokegods, stop asking this question and questions related!

P.S.
Ask The Masters will not answer questions regarding Diamond Peal, the new Format, how good your Dragonite ex/ Houndoom/LatiLock deck is, or how you can get back into the game!

P.S.S
This has the answer to 95% of all legitimate questions that have ever been asked:
http://pokegym.net/index.php?page=cpdmdnld
I love you too.

Note to Mods:
Sticky plzkthx<3

Last edited:
While we're at it...

Mightyena d does not add 20 damage for dark/metal pokemon. It only checks to see if it is dark OR metal, not dark and then check it again to see if it is metal.

This quetion comes to my mind, EVERY time i think of Deoxys ex w/ Fastwave..:

I use Ice Barrier.
He uses Fastwave.
I say you can't attack Latios ex, but he says fastwave gets through everything. The Safeguard thing is an effect.
BUT ice barrier says it prevents all effects.
Since Ice Barrier's safeguard-effect is an effect, fastwave's effect MUST be an effect too..
Ice Barrier should prevent THAT effect..

:confused:

Nice topic =D
Can we get it stickied please, seriously? It would be useful. Or at least put an FAQ in the ATM forum with things like this in it.

One thing of note though.... there IS a way Ninetales can survive Vaporeon ex's Fastwave. 10 scene points to whoever can figure it out.

Ardoptres:
Fastwave is not an effect of attack, its just an attack. That gets through effects. There's no reason why Ice Barrier should stop it.

Nice topic =D
Can we get it stickied please, seriously? It would be useful. Or at least put an FAQ in the ATM forum with things like this in it.

One thing of note though.... there IS a way Ninetales can survive Vaporeon ex's Fastwave. 10 scene points to whoever can figure it out.

Ardoptres:
Fastwave is not an effect of attack, its just an attack. That gets through effects. There's no reason why Ice Barrier should stop it.

Energy Root. Rofl.

EDIT:
I added Fire with Holon FF AND the new Flygon ex's Poke Body in the scenario just to be clear!

Last edited:
This quetion comes to my mind, EVERY time i think of Deoxys ex w/ Fastwave..:

I use Ice Barrier.
He uses Fastwave.
I say you can't attack Latios ex, but he says fastwave gets through everything. The Safeguard thing is an effect.
BUT ice barrier says it prevents all effects.
Since Ice Barrier's safeguard-effect is an effect, fastwave's effect MUST be an effect too..
Ice Barrier should prevent THAT effect..

:confused:

Fastwave's effect is just an instruction on how the damage would be calculated. Safeguard thingie is an effect ON Latios ex. Fastwave's effect isn't even applied to Latios ex at all

I don't care if Ninetails with Safe Guard AND Psychic Protector, has Protective Orb, Mysterious Shard (two tools somehow!), Blastoise d, 4 Kingdra ex (somehow it receives the reduction!), 4 Metal Energy (it turned into a Metal Pokemon!), a Fire Energy and a Holon FF Energy, Holon Legacy (it became Delta Species!), Ancient Tomb (it was reprinted and you are allowed two Stadiums in play at once!) and it used Ice Barrier (it learned a new attack!) last turn, Vaporeon ex knocks it out IN ONE HIT!!

Ahem. :rolleyes:

Ruling Compendium said:
== EXTRA SMOKE (Kingdra EX - EX:Dragon Frontiers)
Q. Say I have a Kingra-EX with "Extra Smoke" on the bench and a Stage 2 Pokemon-EX Active (other than
Kingdra-EX). If my opponent attacks with "Swift" does it ignore "Extra Smoke" or not?
A. The effect of Extra Smoke is always attached to whatever Pokemon that the opponent attacks with, not
on the Defending Pokemon nor even on the benched Kingdra-EX. And since Swift only ignores effects on the
Defending Pokemon (not the player or Pokemon attacking with Swift), it does NOT ignore Extra Smoke and
damage is reduced by -10. (Feb 22, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

I thought Kingdra ex was treated as an effect on the attacking pokemon and therefore actually can affect Fastwavesque moves...?

Edit: -_-* beaten

Last edited:
I knew I was going to make a mistake going by memory... lol. Edited.

Yeah, reading the card is the first step :thumb:

I don't care if Ninetails with Safe Guard AND Psychic Protector, has Protective Orb, Mysterious Shard (two tools somehow!), Blastoise d, 4 Metal Energy (it turned into a Metal Pokemon!), a Fire Energy and a Holon FF Energy, Holon Legacy (it became Delta Species!), Ancient Tomb (it was reprinted and you are allowed two Stadiums in play at once!) and it used Ice Barrier (it learned a new attack!) last turn, Vaporeon ex knocks it out IN ONE HIT!!!

People, for the love of the Pokegods, stop asking this question and questions related!

i laughed for about 5 minutes after reading this
you win, i vote flareon for mod

Back