Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FB City Championship Winning Reports.

FriedBlaziken

Sydney Cities

So I get there at 10 and have to wait until 11 before the SGC opens.
Met Jade there and traded a japanese Mew and something else for porygon lvx.
Since I wasn't expecting any Archetypes I just used Milolade with Latilock.
Blablabla we registered and my brother is playing Magmortar/Typhlosion.

Round 1 vs Magnezone/Steelix

Ugh, so annoying. They all have big HP PLUS the metal protection. I get out gallade and start sonic blading, then psychic cut for the KO. I did that both games.
1-0

Round 2 vs Raikou/Blissey/Stantler

Well.. he starts with stantler and starts building a Raikou. I never knew Raikou was so good lol. it kept doing 50+20 and attaching those Lightning Energys to Blissey. I took some early prizes with Gallade but then while I was koing, HE HAD SOME MUTATED BLISSEY WITH 10 ENERGYS ON IT. So yeah he just used that Blissey to run through me.
Game 2, I draw my first 6 cards and I only have one basic, Feebas. I'm like noooooo memories of Nationals.. but then I draw the last card and its Stantler. I get out quick gallades, and start killing the blisseys with boundary before they became monsters. I had this game but I had to go super fast. Game ends with 3 Minutes left.
Last Game, My hand was the bomb as I knew that the first one to take a prize won. I TURN 1 CANDY GALLADE ATTACH DRE and sonic blade his chansey. He evolves chansey, attaches and passes. I attach and psychic cut ftw.
2-0

Round 3 vs Garchomp/Furret

Latilock stopped garchomp from doing more damage to me. An early gallade taking prizes both games secured my win. She took only 1 prize both games.
3-0

Round 4 vs Infernape/Blissey

Before the round I start feeling dizzy... I couldn't walk properly and I passed out. So yeah after 30minutes my match finally started but everything was so blur I don't remember much but I won..
4-0

So yeah I won, my brother won 4-0 too. No top cut. The prizes were terribad, 3 boosters only instead of the usual 18. I started feeling dizzy again so we rushed back to the plane and back home..

Props

Vickey and Kieran for good organizing
Abhorsen for good judging
Me and my bro for going 4-0
Magmortar
Gallade
Feebas
darklugia for deck help
e5

Slops

Hendle lol
ET
prizes
dizzyness
jade for losing 2 matches -sigh-

---------------

Melbourne Cities

We get there at like 11.40 and just hang around and register.
Absolade has never worked for me, but today I gave it a shot.
My bros using Magmortar.

Round 1 vs Duskqueen w/ Gardevoir/Gallade tech

Game 1 he had Duskull I had Absol i went first Baleful Wind. He attached Disable Baleful Wind. Next turn I Roseanned for the game.
Game 2 was similiar only I went 2nd. I T1 Special Dark for 30 . Next turn he Disabled but failed so I just raided for the win.

1-0

Round 2 vs Flygon ex d w/ Empoleon

Game 1 he had nothing but Piplup. I Baleful Wind his only Supporters and he can't recover.
Game 2 was similiar but this time I got an early Gardevoir doing 50+ Telepass Castaway for strength charm till he was benched.

2-0

Round 3 vs Magmortar

Game 1 I Baleful winded some nice stuff before getting Gallade out and OHKOing his lone Magmortar.
Game 2 He gets multiple Magmortars out but multiple Gallades > multiple Magmortars without Typhlosion. Sonic Blade + Psychic Cut ftw.

3-0

Top 2 vs Flygon ex d w/ Empoleon

Game 1 We both got setup because Absol didn't discard anything good. But I managed to win with Sonic Blade + Psychic Cut on his Flygon exs and Empoleons.
Game 2 I went first attach and do 10 with Ralts. He attaches does 10 to me with Trapinch. I Roseanne for Absol and Basic Dark, retreat and RAID ftw.

4-0

So that leaves me 8-0 in Australian Cities, with Canberra coming up next week.

PROPS
FRANK FOR ORGANIZING. HES THE BEST :thumb:
Dad for buying everyone drinks :smile:
Frank for giving me sealed packs of foil basic energys.
Frank for giving me 9 Holo Pop Blazikens
Marcus for getting 8 Sealed packs of foil basic energy.
Marcus for going 3-1 eventhough hes been playing WOW for the past few months
Sean for top 2
Jason for winning.
LOTS MORE
PEZZA
JOSEPH
OTHER GUYS
absol for finally deciding to work for me.
i got my 18packs from sydney + the 18packs from melbourne.
good prizes

Slops

My bro for coming 3rd in the world, then losing to his own deck (MARIO) round 1. Terrible.... :nonono:
NOTHING ELSE.

hope you enjoyed reading. :tongue:

We do 40 Minute 2/3 Rounds. Top Cut WAS Single Games till we protested.

DL24: Thanks! Lol i just wanted to try Absolade out because it has never worked for me before.
J_A: Sure!

GJ Aaron.

You're so lucky. We only get 8 Boosters for a win. 8 Boosters.. :(

Man, if we got 18 packs for winning. <3 (I'd get 18x3, 1x9 1x4)

Back