4 Buffer Piece
3 Castaway
TOTAL 27

ENERGY
4 Boost
3 Scramble
8 Lightning
TOTAL 15

Strategy: So ideally you start with a rayquaza or a doduo and around turn 3 you begin sniping the bench. Once your opponent evolves his or her pokemon you hit them with a boost for 30 to 3 evolved pokemons. If you need a backup hitter you boost a noctowl, copycat and hit them for 80 (4 copycat). Ideally you will stay behind on prizes while you spread damage with scrambles. Absol ex allows you to move 30 from one of doduo's attacks to another one for targeting a certain pokemon. Rayquaza can becom a heavy hitter aswell if your behind on prizes/ a sniper. Buffer pieces are there to reduce damage. Im trying to add room for a 1-1 Dugtrio line to prevent my benche from being sniped as well.

Machups: These are just some of the decks and the matchups.
FireMonkey: As longas you use your bufferpieces carefully dodrio should be able to spread lots of damage before being ohkoed. I think targetting the skitty's/delecattys first will cripple the deck. With 30 damage on the infernapes, noctowl can sweep later.

Ambush: This match can be very tough. Dodrio should be faster than empoleon with boost but empoleon's hp makes it much harder to ko. An early absol counter switch to knock out basics is helpful. Abusing their weakness with rayquaza will be very helpful also. Save noctowl for late game to sweep.

Mario: As long as you play carefully this match should be yours. With resistance + buffer piece lucario cant touch dodrio (but be careful with your bench). I would be careful of playing rayquaza for it wont be very helpful during this match unless its late game. Abuse Absol's power to target the machamps first.

Electrivire: This one will be hard to win. Probably the worst matchup. I would try to go aggro fast with rayquaza ex early game and try to clean up with noctowl.

I like the Pokemon, and the idea. I'm not sure what you mean by "Ideally, you will stay behind on prizes" simply to use Scramble. At some point, you have to hope to be *ahead* in prizes. But I'm also being a little facetious, because I obviously get the drift.

I would go less Scramble and more Lightning.

Well to stay behind for at least 2 turns to spread some damage. And then to hit back hard with noctowl.
---
Manectric is a great idea but im not sure how i would be able to power it up fast enough without using scrambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back