Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Felicity's Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

You are seeing this more and more since DP started. New supporters are taking the place of old supporters and they are infinitely better than their predecessors.

There was Roseanne's Research, which could get you any combination of basic energy and basic pokemon. Roseanne made cards like Mr Stone's Project and even Holon Mentor almost unplayable because this card allowed you to do both if you wanted to.

Now there is Felicity's Drawing which will make TV Reporter unplayable imho. The only downside is that you have to discard first, but the card has multiple choices how you can discard one or two and draw 3 or 4 cards.

I see this card being very good in Magmortar, and any deck abusing energy recycling or using an effect when something is discarded (Banette). Other than that, don't worry about using it until you have to.

Lets see a newer less powerful version of Juggler from e-reader sets. An up and coming card that will make more drawing and fun effects that everybody loves.

7/10 Modified
10/10 Limited Draw duh
1/10 You can use Juggler that has more cards but supporter... why bother

Interestingly the holon"if you can't discard you can't play" clause is not included here.

In some decks, this IS the draw while in others POV is better.

Personally, I like it a lot.

Modified: 8.5/10
Limited: 10/10

vv
Birch + Gardevoir SW copying steven's + Minun SW + Aipom UF + Ampharos DF + castform's delta draw + milotic sharing a draw 3 = Draw 23. DRAW 23, TWENTY-THREE!!1!

23​

Last edited:
Draw 4. DRAW 4. FOUR! .. Even the discard is a positive in many decks. Its going to see lots of play.

FOUR >> ONE!

This card works in many decks.
It's an upgraded version of TV Rep cause it gives more versatility.
Decks like Fire Truk and my Speed Vire deck and Blissey all thrive on energy in the discard. Felicity's Drawing let's u dump 2 of em for 4 cards!
That's really good.
I would've rather had a reprint of Juggler as it is a lil better IMO, BUT this'll do.
Overall, it's a good card, but POV and TV Rep may still be prefered in decks like Gardy or other decks that don't thrive on the discard. AND Absol is still popular so keeping your hand size at 3 is necessary for this card to work, and even then it's risky to give up 3 cards in your hand without a deck that can support it.
I like it, but I still think Stevens, Birch, and POV will take priority in most of my decks., or at least until this Absol craze dies down.
Modified
7/10

This & TVR are the bet draw cards (imo)
I can't wait for this to come out! 4 CARDS That's right 4. Stevens is also a great one.
9.5/10

in infernape!?!? OMG this card could help the fire monkey make a comeback combined with the new monkey comin out next IMO.

TVR is still better IMO.
I can't think of many decks (if any), that just has 2 cards to discard right away.

I definately like Felicity's Drawing. By ditching 1 or 2 cards in your hand, you can draw 3 to 4 cards respectively. In terms of draw, the only way you'll get better results is with either Steven's Advice (max 6. will be rotated next season), Copycat (dependent on your opponent's hand, could be rotated), TG's Wager (might also backfire and get 3), or Professor Birch (up to 5, dependent on hand). So actually, considering the limited restrictions on Felicity's Drawing (must have 1 or 2 cards to use obviously), it is a powerful source of draw. It's only real flaw, if anything, is that with stuff like Absol running around, you might not have as many cards to ditch to use Felicity's Drawing.

Modified - 9/10 (One of the best draw cards out there, will be the best for the foreseeable future next season)
Limited - 10/10 (Always helpful to have a source of draw, make sure you trade for some more afterwards)
Unlimited - 2/10 (Could be useful I think).

Wow, in Blissey, this is a must! Same with Fire Truk and Electivire! Great card! Will definitly see play - as one of the best Draw Cards in the format!

9/10

I dont usually do these, but I will for this card.

This card lets you draw 3 cards if you discard 1, 4 if you discard 2 cards. It is absolutely a horrible card. It may have a few decks that maybe able to use 1 or 2 of it in a deck, but overall there are much better choices. TVR and Holon Adv. are much better choices of discarding/draw. If the card was 1 for 3 or 2 for 5 it would be worth playing, but giving you a choice to discard 1 card for an additional card isnt very good.

Modified - 3/10 (Cuz it is Draw)
Limited - 10/10 (Draw in Limited is Amazing)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Because I cant give it a 0)

JMO,
Drew

I personally think it will be a great card, like the majority of people here. It WILL go great with Blissy no matter what people think, and it DOES beat TVR. For those sad souls who don't know how Blissy works, basically if you can attach an energy to Blissy AND have an energy in the discard, your set to do some damage. Ardoptres, I dunno if you just woke up or something, but I think a lot of decks will have up to 2 cards to discard. Anyone whose running a Steven's, or Blissy will. And I'm sure there are other decks that could use it also. 9.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back