Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fie Fie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samurai_soldier

All right peoples. I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and build a modified deck, so, what did I do? I went and bought a starter, since I heard they're good. I bought the Magmortar starter from SW, and as good as it was, I just had the itch to start modding it, so here's the current list:

Pokemon: 18
4 Magmar (MT)
4 Growlithe (SW)
4 Magmortar (SW)
3 Sableye
3 Arcanine (SW)

Energy: 20
17 Fire
3 Holon FF

Trainer: 8
4 Plus Power
3 Night Maintenance
1 Cessation Crystal

Supporter: 14
4 Team Galactic's Mars
3 Bebe's Search
3 Bill's Maintenance
2 Celio's Network
2 Roseanne's Research

Now, onto some of the reasons this deck looks so strange:
4 Magmortar (SW): I don't have a Lvl X, and currently I can't afford one (real life troubles :()
2 Celio's Network: I only own two.
2 Roseanne's Research: I only own two.

I'm working towards changing out the supporters too there (arguably) less powerful trainer forms, so any help would be appreicated!

Thanks all.

Cessation Crystal should not be in this list. It hurts all the pokemon you are using in the deck. Try this list (I'm going to give you a budget version since your card pool is limited):

Pokemon (19)

3 Sableye (CG) -- I'm assuming this is the one you are using, Absol (SW) would probably be better in here, but...)
4 Magmar (MT)
4 Magmortar (SW)
3 Growlithe (SW)
3 Arcanine (SW)
1 Plusle (SW)
1 Minun (SW)

Energy (16)

10 Fire
3 Holon FF
3 Scramble

Trainers (25)

2 Celio's (try and get 2 more, if you do remove a Bebe's for each one)
2 Roseanne's Research (try and get 2 more here, also)
4 Team Galactic Mars
2 Bebe's Search
2 Team Galactic's Wager (in place of the Bill's Maint.)
4 Plus Power
2 Strength Charm or Buffer Piece
2 Night Maintenence
4 Super Scoop Up or Potion if you don't like flippy cards
2 Windstorm or Warp Point if you don't have the Windstorm

The Super Scoop Ups can help heal up your seriously damage Pokemon and work great if you can play an Arcanine to replace another active Arcanine. In that case, Scoop Up the benched damaged Arcanine and drop the Growlithe back down for the Arcanine again next turn. Buffer Piece can help your Arcanine survive after it comes up to KO something. The Plusle and Minun work with Arcanine, since you kinda expect him to get KO'd back anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back