3 Holon Mentor
3 Professor Cozmo's Discovery

Tools (3)
3 Sitrus Berry

Energy (18)
12 Fighting
3 Heal
3 Scramble

This is a deck I'm helping a friend build. He wanted to base it around Golem, but my Rayquaza EX soloed the original build by itself, so I suggested the colorless part. Any suggestions are welcome. Golem has to stay in, though.

Last edited:
Golem is a weird pokemon. Sitrus Berry would definitely go good in this deck. I would even look into EX: Deoxys Heal Energy, that would provide 1 colorless energy but heal Golem or whoever for 10 damage. That's like turning a shot of 60 into a shot of 20 if both are used.

Also, if you didn't know, Celio's Network was reprinted in EX: Trainer Kit 2, and will be legal in the next format. Celio's Network is superior to Prof. Elm's Training Method, since it can get basics and evolutions.

Finding a good tech for Rayquaza. Well, there are two good techs right now for basic pokemon, EX: Deoxys Ninjask, and EX: Unseen Forces Ursaring. Both are totally immune to attacks from basics. And in the tricky situation where basics have an attack that can get past a poke-body, Ursaring's body restricts them from even calling an attack. Ursaring would fit better in this deck in my honest opinion than Ninjask or Granbull.

Try spicing up the energy some. 18 energy is a little high anyways in my opinion, but you have enough room to throw in some Double Rainbow Energy or some Scramble Energy. And I already suggested the Heal Energy. These would mess up Power Tree, but I'm thinking there might be a better stadium for this deck to play. I'd look into EX: Legend Maker and try to find some Cursed Stones. They hit anything with powers for 10 inbetween turns. Nothing in your deck has a power, so the stadium doesn't hurt you at all, and helps spread damage around on your opponent's field so you can use Golem's second attack and finish them off.

Good luck with the deck Terry, or should I say Chris I!

A Legend Maker lunatone should go in here seeing as there is so many normal trainers. You can use Lunatone's Moon Guidance to get that Rare candy you just can't find.

Consider teching a Desert Ruins at the cost of one fighting energy.

Edit: Oh, I looked at your count. You're one card short because you counted 6 cards for your regular trainers when all I see is 5.

I would max out the Celio's network. And you probably don't need 3 Mentor. You could drop 1 Mentor, and 3 Cozmo, throw in 2 Transciever and 2 Adventurer, and have a much better trainer engine.

Hauntastic: Thanks for catching that. I put in another Celio.

Prime: I don't really see why Holon Adventurer would be much better than Cozmo since there's no Deltas in the deck.

Well, my friend has some wierd 4 corners deck, and my sister plays Luna-rock. He used to have Ursaring in there, but honestly Ninjask is better because it can only be shut off by Latios/Latias. Ursaring can be shut off by BF

Now that I look again, you've got nothing that looks for your stadiums. I'd try to tech at least 2 scotts so you can find your stadiums in case your opponent locks a BF. Remember, they won't play it if they got a pidgeot.

Edit: Hey Prime, There's no Delta in the deck. While the adventurer could be tranceiver'd for, Adventurer would still require a discard of another card you could potentially use to use its effect. Failing to discard means the card can't be played. Hence why Cosmo would be better. I'd actually lose both fieldworkers and put in 2 Holon Lass, because I can see energy being an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back