Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Finally! Brazilian Masters 1st place report!

Bohn

So, I finally got time enough to make a decent report.
After seeing a bunch of decks on Saturday on Free-for-all, which gave the last 2 invites to play on Sunday I was a little confused, because I was training with MSN, but the metagame on Saturday was pretty random, some bandoom, some R-gon, some delta, a destiny, and there it goes. In the end of the day in the hotel I didn’t know what would be my choice.
Vitor (Garuda from forums) and I were working on T-tar EX project for nats, he decided to play that, then we decided I’d play with SuperStantler, it was a deck I had enough experience to play in such event.
I got the list he made, make some changes thinking on the possible metagame.

Round 1 – Ed with Flygod variant

He made really fast set-up with mentor + castform… and I was a bit late, came up with supporter on my hands on 3rd turn, when he already had some stuff on bench…
I decided to make some sacrifices on Stantler and Scyther to guarantee a built scizor and the other stantler. He was with 3 prizes and I was with 4… time’s up!
He knew if I had just 10 more minutes he’d be in troubles.

0 – 1

Round 2 – Rafael with Scizor EX/Blastoise d

He was the champion of Saturday, I knew perfectly his deck, which is IMO nothing scared.
I had really good opening, scyther, scizor, metal, tom hanks, etc… he was with 2 squirtle and a scyther. 7 turns in a row without supporter, he only saw his lost slowly.

1 – 1

Round 3 – Vitor (Garuda) with T-tar EX

Yes, the worse thing happened =/.
He would concede becuz he was 0-2, but either way we played.
Good opening, stantler emptied his hand… scizor did the rest of the job.

2 – 1

At this point I was a little happier, I knew 2 more matches and I’d be in T8.

Round 4 – Someone with Delta

Pretty easy this one.
Good opening, started using scott to get crystal beach, used stantler to empty his hand until it would be knocked out… and scizor made a great job.

3 - 1

Round 5 – Someone with Flariados

I really wasn’t expecting this stuff, but knew would be easy.
Again a good start with stantler, used tom hanks, pumped it with cess crystal, holon GL and grass energy. Stantler was total immune to his stuff. He spider trapped scizor, and I got luck on CF, killed his spiders without any problem.

4 – 1

Yes, I was in! 5th place on T8.

Quarters: Squirrel (yep, his nickname) with R(andon)-gon

We both had good starts, I decided to build up first stantler with cess crystal, so I’d lock him first, before he could set-up things. Started to empty his hand… he was with 3 windstorms, I discarded the first one… crystal beach was on the bench… and he didn’t use the windstorm, maybe he was nervous. Next turn took the other windstorm and than he used the last one, but at this time I already scotted cursed stone, holon legacy (to use when scizor comes to smash) and crystal beach.
It was a long 45 minutes match, time up, I was with less prizes…

5 – 1

Semi: Augusto with Metanite

Both with outstanding opening, he delta draw to 5 on 1st turn. I put Cess crystal on stantler, started to attacking castform until knock out and removing his trainers… Cursed stone when saw his metagross and draggy… So it was a matter of time until winning, just keep playing without mistake, so I did. This first match took about 35 minutes.
We had 10 more minutes, my opening wasn’t that good, but I knew I could keep myself alive until the end. 3 scizors built, steel wing, retreat, stantler again, confused, retreat, another scizor, steel wing, cursed stone hurting slowly him… Time’s up!

6 – 1

Finals: Alex with Metanite (I’d say Metatech – with sceptile EX d and gardy EX d)

Alex was the only 5-0 in the tourney, but I wasn’t scared.
Again I got good start, almost same thing on semi… stantler emptied his entire hand, he couldn’t evolve his stuff (I took 2 candies out)… Built scizor and ended him.
The second match I started with scyther, energy, passed. He used mentor, delta draw.
Next turn I evolved into scizor, tom hanks, energy, strength charm and kill castform (how I love strength charm). He started sending beldum, dratini and stuff… killed everything… He stanted up and said he couldn’t win.

7 – 1

So with this I won nats!!!

Sorry for latency (5 weeks), but with all my work, university, and stuff I didn’t have time to write something near decent.

The top 8 was ended:

Me – Superstantler
Alex – Metanite
Augusto – Metanite
Guilherme – R-Gon
Squirrel – R(andon)-Gon
Someone – Scizor EX/Altaria EX/Blastoise d
Someone – Flariados
Ed - Flygod

I got the $1500 scholarships, the trip/invite to worlds, some cool stuff like blastoise bag ^^.
Devir (local OP) gave 6 unseen forces boosters (5 cards one!), 3 power keepers and 3 dragon frontiers.

Props:

Me, for great job. (2005 I took 14th, 2006 6th and now won)
Vitor (Garuda) for being a good partner, friend, deckbuilder and player.
Luiz Renato (father on Renan, 2006 juniors nats champ, from my city) for being so nice person and traveling together.
All the people from Curitiba (my city) who went to nats, even those who couldn’t play
Alex, Ed and other guys from Londrina, who are really kind people and had a great time with.
Stantler for being so disruptive
Scizor for smashing stuff
Tom Hanks for being a broken card in my deck
Dad for paying my trip to nats
Mitie and Xico, the owners of the store I often play, for giving me 10 DP boosters
The last prop is to Kinglertool! The only deck I really had fear, and nobody played it! :lol:

Slops:

Devir for THIS JOKE ON PRIZES! I’d rather get base set gastly =/
Everyone who didn’t believe Stantler is good
Latency on airport, more than 2 hours on back to home.

Thank You. :wink:

really great that you won with stantler. i love playing this deck too and i play it with scizor ex too^^

at last a SS triumph in nats...... congratulations .... i also played SS in nats but due to incompetent judging i i was denied the chance to go to finals but great SS play

congratulations

Back