Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fire Deck Idea # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOG-E19

This is my second fire deck idea. Please tell me what you think would need improvement and also which deck you would take to a league event if you could only take one. All your feedback is greatly appreciated !

Pokemon: 22 total
3-3 Ninetales (HGSS)
4-3-4 Charizard (AR)
1-1 Blaziken FB Lv X
2 Chatot (MD)
1 Smeargle (UD)

Energy:
15 Fire

T/S/ST: 23 total
3 BTS
3 Bebe Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Fisherman
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Expert Belt
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Interviewer's Questions
1 Palmer's Contribution

Strategy: Get Charizard out ASAP with a full bench of fire pokemon. Use ninetales for draw power and typhlosion for attaching energy to charizard who (with a full bench) can do 100 damage (belt) for 1 energy and 150 damage (belted) for 3 energy.

Last edited:
Can you explain to me why having an extra Ninetales line will be more beneficial? It seems like overkill to me

Maybe add 3x Statntler to grab Vulpix, Charmander, Cyandquil. That way you can speed up the deck faster. +1 Palmer's Contribution. Add 2 Poke Radar. You want this deck to be fast. But how will you add energies to your hand to your pokemon? Add x3 Engineer's Adjustments for more draw power and use it with Typlosion Prime.
Use Stantler as a dummy so you can build up your bench. When your opponent KO'ed it, bring out Charizard.

This is a little better.

Pokemon: 22 total
2-2 Ninetales (HGSS)
4-2-4 Charizard (AR)
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
3 Stantler UL

Energy:
5 Fire

T/S/ST: 25 total
3 Engineer's Adjustments
3 BTS
2 Warp Points
3 Bebe Search
1 Luxury Ball
2 Fisherman
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Expert Belt
4 Rare Candy
2 Palmer's Contribution

In Pokemon, I only play with speed decks. When it comes to Speed decks I'm the master. So if you got any questions ask me. I'm all about speed and power.

Last edited:
Why would you ever use DCE in this deck?!
And Engineer in Charizard is nonsense, youll be running short on energys anyway.
33 Ninetales cause you want to kckstart and get your stuff fast, otherwise youll get stuck. One SPiritomb should be in just in case, as well as one uxie

Why would you ever use DCE in this deck?!
And Engineer in Charizard is nonsense, youll be running short on energys anyway.
33 Ninetales cause you want to kckstart and get your stuff fast, otherwise youll get stuck. One SPiritomb should be in just in case, as well as one uxie

I thought it was the other Charizard (LOL). Discarding energies and then attaching them to a pokemon with Typlosion Prime is a smart move. 2 Fire energy on Charziard in 1 turn. Trust me. Keep Stantler in your deck. It WILL be useful for pulling out basics. Like I said use it a as a dummy for setting up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, but isn't only 5 fire energy a bit short? Instead of Stantler, I was considering a 1-0-1 Nidoqueen line to heal my Pokemon between turns, since Typhlosion will be dealing out damage from his Poke-Power. What do you think of this?

Thanks for the advice, but isn't only 5 fire energy a bit short? Instead of Stantler, I was considering a 1-0-1 Nidoqueen line to heal my Pokemon between turns, since Typhlosion will be dealing out damage from his Poke-Power. What do you think of this?

15:fire: Sorry. Try out NidoQueen. If it doesn't work try again.

Would you mind explaining to me your choice of adding engineers adjustments? It has the same effect as Ninetales' Poke-Power so why the need to have both? Yes, I understand that the speed of this deck is key but maybe engineer's adjustment can be replaced with something else but just as useful to this deck.

Call energy is a great choice, I think I will take the pont out. Thanks! But I'm still not too sure about dropping Typhlosion to 2-1-2 and increasing Ninetales to 3-3. Any more opinions out there ?

It works. 3rd chameleon and 1-1

Stantler works like Pachursu. Adding Engineer Adjustments is good if you don't have Ninetales in play. Unless you can think of other ways to play x2 :fire: in one turn. Combine Engineer's Adjustments with Typlosion Prime. Try my way first. At a local tournment. or with a friend than report if my advice helped you my Speed Fire deck won a Local Tournament with Delcatty form the EX series. It had the same pokepower as Ninetales.

I updated the list based on all the suggestions. What I did to the original build was :
-2 Warp Point
- 2 PONT
+ 1 Interviewer's Questions
+ 3 Call Energy
- (1-1-1) Typhlosion Prime
+ (1-1) Blaziken FB Lv X
+1 Charmeleon

I also put in parentheses possible options i was considering. Do you prefer this build?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back