Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

First Delta Species Error Reported!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Master

Ok, maybe not a full error, but I know I'm not the only one. Looks like the Giant Red Spot on Jupiter, lol.

The Error:

And just so you don't think I'm trying to pull a fast one, here's the card as is:

Well? Any thoughts? Just a printing error worth $5,000 :tongue:. lol, j/k.

Last edited:
Nope. It was straight out of the pack. And Eric(yeah, the one that did awesome at Worlds) got the exact same thing, same spot. So unless its a printing error(they were both AH, as is the one in the scan.)

bass_forte said:
That rules it out being a spill at the factory.

How odd...
I'm thinking that there was some leak in there when they ran the AH Holon's Magnemite. I'm going to see if I can get any others today, or at least view them, to confirm this.

Beats me. It was straight out of the pack. Dunno how it got it. How they got it at the print run, well, I'll say one word:

Drowsee

With certain print applications, the plates are rubber, which are glued to a backing, then placed around a print cylinder. With use, if the print run goes at a faster speed, and the backing comes unglued, there gets a bubble of print ink that gets rubbed up against the material being printed. Quality control might miss a few of these misprints. It may run on as few as 5 or ten when the machines are sped up , then settle back into it's proper spot for a while, then come unglued more later, when it's noticed by the operator of the printing press. Usually when it's noticed, the operator looks back at the latest product and determines how much of the product is scrap, and destroys it, or sends it on with a note telling the next operator what portions of the product is no good if some is still usable. For productions sake, they don't spend forever looking back through a product though, so some misprints invariably get through. It may be as many as a few thousand, or as few as five. Now, I guess it's up to the individual traders to determine if it's worth more due to the misprint, or less. Either way, it was a good find.

Someone at the Prerelease that I went to got a Holon scientist that had been cut too early, the top looked like this: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

De0xys997 said:
Someone at the Prerelease that I went to got a Holon scientist that had been cut too early, the top looked like this: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

That was because it was stuck on top when it was packed.

I got a Holon's magnemite at the Miami prerelease, and it doesn't have the spot you mentioned. Maybe it was only that one faulty lot?

- Croatian "faulty (research) towers" Nidoking

procrastination_alley said:
With certain print applications, the plates are rubber, which are glued to a backing, then placed around a print cylinder. With use, if the print run goes at a faster speed, and the backing comes unglued, there gets a bubble of print ink that gets rubbed up against the material being printed. Quality control might miss a few of these misprints. It may run on as few as 5 or ten when the machines are sped up , then settle back into it's proper spot for a while, then come unglued more later, when it's noticed by the operator of the printing press. Usually when it's noticed, the operator looks back at the latest product and determines how much of the product is scrap, and destroys it, or sends it on with a note telling the next operator what portions of the product is no good if some is still usable. For productions sake, they don't spend forever looking back through a product though, so some misprints invariably get through. It may be as many as a few thousand, or as few as five. Now, I guess it's up to the individual traders to determine if it's worth more due to the misprint, or less. Either way, it was a good find.

That's fairly accurate. Basically, the blanket was probably a little dirty, and caused the bubble. These are usually very isolated, and most of the time they are caught by the press operator.

:redface:

Magnemite is so abused. First the EX Dragon RH one, and now the AH Holon one. PUI needs to be nicer to the little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back