Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

First Turn Advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

walrus

I know that I CAN NOT be the only one who thinks this is completely ridiculous...but it seems like most players are just shrugging it off right now.
There no longer is ANY advantage to going second and that, to me, just seems asinine. Most matches have now been turned into a coin flip and that is not fun and not necessary. I know people have been complaining about coin-flips being a large part of the format right now but with the release of Catcher the reversal flip problem has been "fixed" and after nationals it seems like people are playing less and less Babies so that problem is sorta fixing its self, and players complained about those two more than the first turn flip. But reversals and Baby flips were our fault since we kinda chose to play them (I know it was/is necessary)...but a coin flip deciding a majority of games when it's not even our choice (game mechanic) that's just wrong.

I haven't actually recorded the matches and calculated the percentages but I know it is out-of-hand, and I can not for the life of me figure out why they thought this was a necessary rule change.

Now I know from experience on the 'Gym that half the people are probably going to come in and disagree with me...but I just don't see how a player could be okay with this being such a huge factor in deciding the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back