Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Five practical uses for the World Championship 2004 decks

mysterioustrainer

Five practical uses for the World Championship 2004 decks<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

By Craig Simpson<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>
groudonworlds.jpg
</o:p>

Many find the Pokémon TCG World Championship 2004 decks rather undesirable due to the fact that they are not playable in sanctioned POP events. Well, I have come to find them as my most valuable cards when playing Pokémon. So I am going to go over five things I do with my four World Championships decks and show you there is more than meets the eye with these cards.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

1. Learning from the pros<o:p></o:p>

What makes the World Championship decks so entirely special is that they are created by the best Pokémon Trainers in the game! One of the decks reigned supreme above all players while the others took it to the very last match. So the first thing I did with the cards is that I pitted them against one another and played in several mock battles by myself. I was able to get a in-depth look on how the deck works and I was able to figure out the strategies that got the game going for them.<o:p></o:p>

2. Target Practice<o:p></o:p>

When ever I built a new competitive deck before a major event, I find the jinks in it by testing it against each of the Worlds decks. While the Worlds decks are no longer modified legal, I still take advantage of refining my own strategy in my deck. You see the deck itself is not enough to win a tournament, the player must learn what the deck is doing as you play. In a sense you and your Pokémon must work together as a team, the same is true with any deck you play with.<o:p></o:p>

3. Proxying your play test decks<o:p></o:p>

There are other decks now becoming popular and I play test against them too. However I sometimes don’t have all the cards I need to build both the deck I am using and the play test deck, so using the cards I need from Worlds decks works great! I just pull out my sleeves to make the entire card backs opaque.<o:p></o:p>

4. Passing on what you have learned<o:p></o:p>

One job as a league leader and professor is that I have to teach players what serious competition in City and State Championships are like. So to do that I play with the World decks against players to show what the tough guns are like. They appreciate the experience and now my players have been building tougher and more powerful decks now.<o:p></o:p>

5. Cherish the times we had and looking to the future<o:p></o:p>

The most important function of the Worlds decks is the memories competitors, staff, and all fans shared those precious three days in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Orlando</st1:place></st1:City>. It is also a reminder that new times are in store as we prepare for the World Championship in <st1:City><st1:place>San Diego</st1:place></st1:City>. I loved being one of the judges at Worlds last year and hope to receive the same honors this year. We don’t know what will come for the future, but for me the future is bright!<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for reading!<o:p></o:p>

I totally agree, especially with #1 and #2. I use decks posted here on the Pokegym to build decks to test against.

But they are already signed. Heh heh. Gag it would be tough to make World decks resigned by the competitor valuable without something like a COA or something.

Back